Broad head noise in flight..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broad head noise in flight..

Both my Bloodrunners and Muzzy Phantom Mx's are whistling out of my bow, any ideas why this would be happening?

Whistling?? If you have some pieces of taget still on your bh from the last shot they can whistle from time to time. Like in the blades???

Other than that when my arrows whistle its because my vanes are about to come off.. And theres room for a little bit of air between the vane and the shaft.

Tapatalk rocks!!

Comment

Well there's a chance it could be the target foam left in the broad head, but I looked for that and it looked pretty clean to me! And I checked vanes, and theyre all good! It's kinda worrying me.

Comment

I shoot the bloodrunner 2 blade and it whiffels. Is this the samething you are hearing? I think it is from the slots cut in the blades. I shot a muzzy 3 blade fixed head for comparison and it doesn't make any noise. Let's just say I will be shooting a different broadhead than the bloodrunner this year.

Comment

Yes, I think that may be it. And the muzzy phantom has the slots in the blades too!

Comment

They all make noise in flight, some more than others.

Comment

F15s are aweful it was noticeable to my wife from behind me. My guess it's due to the gaps on the heads.

Comment

Death Whistle the last thing they hear.

Comment

I am having the same problem And don't like the noise. Can you say jump string.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    They all make noise in flight, some more than others.
                    yup not much your gonna do about that.

slick tricks are noisy in the air as well

Comment

Several years ago, we tested different mechanicals for "in-flight" noise. I stood behind a barrier a few yards from a target while my father shot. He was 40 yards away so I couldn't hear his shot release. I was surprised how loud some of them were! Some whistled, some rattled. Of the ones we tried at the time, the Rocket Wolverines were the quietest flying. I just could not believe how loud some were. I suggest you do you own tests. Just be safe and MAKE SURE you are behind something that the arrow CANNOT penetrate. A quiet bow doesn't do you any good when your broadhead is screaming like a banshee!

Comment

Interesting. I've been told that the noise can only be heard from behind the BH, so it doesn't matter bow loud it is. Good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Pillowtalk

Comment

Working...
                        X