Rocky I have some Q'ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky I have some Q'ss

I have a 2008 Diamond Marquis with the Axcel armortech sight and ripcord drop away. A couple of weeks ago I had the centerserving reserved because it was coming apart under the d-loop. The tech noticed that the dropaway was kinda sticking at the top because the forks were hitting the full containment bar at full draw. He moved the fork part down, using the top set of holes and moved the d-loop accordingly. I also had him move my peep so that I felt everything was in place and I could see perfectly through the peep. To re-sight in I had to almost max out the sight on how low it would go. Everything fits and feels good and I am getting good groups out to 50 yds, but is the sight supposed to be that close to maxing out? Thanks for any help. I will answer any other questions asap.

Are you 100% sure the DL is not too long?

Comment

if it's shooting good then why would it matter if the sights almost maxed? I'm new and don't know that much so just wondering?

Comment

Im by know means rocky... BUT my sight is almost maxed out all the way down on my hyperlite and its never affected a thing.

Tapatalk rocks!!

Comment

The things I look for when I see a sight bracket maxed down:
          Too long DL, which causes a low peep.
          Too high anchor, which causes a low peep.
          Too high nock point which makes arrow point down.
          Or, all the above.
          Usually, if it looks wrong, or is very far from centered,(up/down,left/right) it is wrong.

Comment

I have been told by several people that my anchor point is high. Instead of putting my forefinger knuckle behind my jaw I put it up by my ear. The DL should be right now.

Comment

I just drew my bow a few times and put my nuckle behind my jaw to see how it feels and it feels fine it will just take a little getting used to.It deffinately feels more solid. By doing this my peep is at least an inch too low. If I get the peep raised back up how big of a difference will it make.

Comment

Alot.

Comment

Thank you sir. I knew I could count on you.

Comment

Working...
                  X