Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

D-Loop ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D-Loop ?

I just got done paper tuning my bow and I am having a tail-low result. So I need to move my d-loop up just a tiny bit to fix the tail low. My question is can I move the d-loop myself without having to put a new d-loop on or should I just take it to the bow shop and have them move it?

I have, depends on how tight I guess? Good luck!

Comment

either spin it around the string and it will go up, or loosen it with your fingernails and slide it up then pull it tight again.

Comment

Thank yall I just wanted to make sure I did not affect the integrity of the d-loop by moving or loosening it.

Comment

Would it be easier to move the rest?

Comment

I have been successful using a crescent wrench set so that it is larger than the string dia but smaller than the d loop knot. This allows you to slide the d loop without damaging the string.

Let's do work son!!

Comment

Beem shootin one since the mid 90's. Just spin like a nut on a bolt. Obviously it takes more spinning than that but you get the idea.

Comment

You gotta follow the winding on the serving over the string that the loop is tide onto...like a bolt and nut as mentioned above...

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                  I have been successful using a crescent wrench set so that it is larger than the string dia but smaller than the d loop knot. This allows you to slide the d loop without damaging the string.

Let's do work son!!
                  Pipe wrench grips the loop better.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    Pipe wrench grips the loop better.
                    Rocky what size pipe wrench 18" should work??

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post

Let's do work son!!
                      great idea

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro1970 View Post
                        Would it be easier to move the rest?
                        I was told when it is hitting Tail Low on the paper tuning you need to move the dloop. Moving the rest I don't think will fix the tail low but just cause more problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
                          You gotta follow the winding on the serving over the string that the loop is tide onto...like a bolt and nut as mentioned above...
                          x2 This is the recommended way.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
                            I was told when it is hitting Tail Low on the paper tuning you need to move the dloop. Moving the rest I don't think will fix the tail low but just cause more problems.
                            The rest is the pivot point.
                            Moving the rest down accomplishes the same thing as moving the loop up.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
                              Yep.
                              what Rocky said. It's usually much easier to move the rest then the it is to move the loop.

Comment

Working...
                              X