New fletching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New fletching

Just got 3 of my arrows re fletched at academy with veins. They shoot good but every 3rd or 4th shot one flys funny and hits about 2 inches off at 20yards. Is anyone having this problem?

Make sure its not the same arrow!

Comment

mark the fliers so you know which ones are bad. then inspect the fletching job to make sure it is done correctly. I redo my own so if I have a problem, I can fix it right away!

Comment

I did mark them and all 3 seem to have really good shots most of the time but all 3 get a really bad shot where I can see the arrow just fly way off to the left or drop. Before I took my arrows in to get the new fletching only one arrow was off sometimes but my fletching on all 3 were ripped so I couldn't say it was the Shafts fault.

Comment

Flex them bad boys!

BUT it sounds like you are hand torquing!

If it happens after a few shots then its probably you getting tired, gripping the bow more and then that affects the arrow alot!

Comment

I'm with coach may be tourqing

Comment

from what you are describing, it is not the arrow. it is you looking to see where your arrow is going, and dropping your arm, and moving the bow. down and left is very common in right handed archers when they start looking for the arrow and not following through with the shot. try to stay in the shot for at least 2 seconds after you have released the arrow and see if it gets any better.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                from what you are describing, it is not the arrow. it is you looking to see where your arrow is going, and dropping your arm, and moving the bow. down and left is very common in right handed archers when they start looking for the arrow and not following through with the shot. try to stay in the shot for at least 2 seconds after you have released the arrow and see if it gets any better.
                As much as I hate admitting this I think you guys might be on to something. I usually shoot a few times a week but I took a good 2 week break. Got back and felt different yesterday as I was shooting. I will shoot somemore today and see how I feel on the shots. I will let you guys know if it is still happening. I am usually a scratch shooter and that is why this bugged me.

Comment

Working...
                X