Strange Flying Broadhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Flying Broadhead

This is my first year using fixed broadheads and I noticed something yesterday while practicing.
    Background info: From someone's advice here on the GS, I have numbered all of my arrows. All of my arrows are identical - same brand, size, etc. When using field tips, my groupings are all good, no irregularities. But yesterday, in three separate groupings of five arrows using practice broadheads, my #6 arrow kept hitting about 2" away from the others (once to the left, twice below). The arrow doesn't have any noticeable problems (the vanes are fine, etc.).
    Any thoughts?
    I have retired #6 from broadhead shooting, but is this something that is unusual?

spin test it and check for a wobble, you can also try switching it to another shaft and seeing if you are getting the same results

Comment

That's why they are numbered, pick the ones that fly best with a broadhead (when huntin')
      if it shoots good with a fp, leave it for practice....
      if it shoots good with a bh, fling it at game...

Comment

Good move shootin em all first! Like above spin test. Tinker a little. If it dont work down were you numbered it on the fletch write the word "coon" !!

Comment

Working...
        X