Broadheads....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadheads....

Do you shoot each individual arrow and broadhead before putting it into your quiver? I usually shoot Magnus 2 blade heads and shoot each arrow to make sure everything is good and then touch up the edges and put them into my quiver.

For example, you buy two packages with 3 broadheads each. Do you shoot one or two and keep those as practice heads and put the remaining heads in your quiver if the practice heads shot well? I realize they should all shoot the same if they are properly aligned on the shaft but I have always been concerned about this. I have also known guys that shoot each arrow one time each and not resharpen or replace blades and take them into the field.

Just curious what other do.

i shoot each one at least three times before it gets to go huntin. if one or two "ain't right" then i switch the heads and shafts to get them right

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
      i shoot each one at least three times before it gets to go huntin. if one or two "ain't right" then i switch the heads and shafts to get them right
      So do you sharpen or replace blades before they go to the field?

Comment

i just use shuttle t locks and magnus stingers both 100gr. i just take em out of the package and put em on the arrows, they are tested when im shootin something.

aint had one single prob yet.

Comment

I shoot 100 grain muzzy. Just put um together, screw um down, spin test real quick. Place in quiver and go.

Comment

I have a practice broadhead. I don't shoot my hunting heads at anything except game.

Comment

i shoot my fixed blades to make sure there right then touch up the blades i dont shoot my mechanicals first

Comment

shoot it first then touch up if needed, put it on a numbered arrow and quiver it up,
                is what I do...

Comment

i just put them on and go hunt. never had a problem. if i reuse an arrow or broadhead then i usually shoot the arrow with a field point and resharped and look over the broadhead before putting it back on the arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by donfish84 View Post
                    I shoot 100 grain muzzy. Just put um together, screw um down, spin test real quick. Place in quiver and go.
                    this is what i have always done.

I will shoot one with the practice blades about 15 times... Change the blades and head to the field.

Comment

Rage 2 blade: Shoot once or twice(1 broadhead) and if its sighted in close to field point I am good. I do not test each Rage 2 blade I have.

Comment

Originally posted by mhbaseball View Post
                        Rage 2 blade: Shoot once or twice(1 broadhead) and if its sighted in close to field point I am good. I do not test each Rage 2 blade I have.

i do the same with my spitfires.

Comment

Working...
                        X