Spot Hogg sight help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot Hogg sight help

I laser tuned my bow last week. Well this was a mistake and threw everything off. I took it in to the bow shop and got it paper tuned and not fishtailing. I was shooting left after it was all said and done and now I have moved my gang adjustment as far left as it will go and I am still left. I am not sure what I have to do now. Anyone have a clue?
    Thanks

Can you move each one left and right or do they all move together?

Comment

More work needs to be done with the tuning of the bow.
      Anytime a quality sight or rest is maxed out one way or the other, there has been a misread in the tuning process.
      If it looks wrong, most likely it is.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
        More work needs to be done with the tuning of the bow.
        Anytime a quality sight or rest is maxed out one way or the other, there has been a misread in the tuning process.
        If it looks wrong, most likely it is.
        that is what I was thinking. I was in the middle of the adjustments before I laser tuned and move the rest then had it paper tuned because it was fishtailing. dang it. I guess I will be back at the bow shop Tuesday.

Comment

Man that sucks to be having trouble this close to the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Spec View Post
            that is what I was thinking. I was in the middle of the adjustments before I laser tuned and move the rest then had it paper tuned because it was fishtailing. dang it. I guess I will be back at the bow shop Tuesday.
            When you are papertuning, left/right tears are greatly influenced by riser torque, which is usually due to pulling the string right/left of a straight line from the cams.
            Set center-shot straight out the middle of the bow, then watch how the string lines up with cams at full draw.
            If you bow has split harness(s), you may have an idler or cam that needs to be adjusted straight at full draw.
            If everything is straight, and you pull the string straight back,(very little torque other than cables), center shot should be down the middle, and the rest and sights will have plenty of windage adjustment.

Comment

Working...
            X