Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

red head kronik question

i have a 2007 red head kronik that shows as 60lbs/29inch draw
    i recently had a new Zebra string put on it.
    i have had two shops look at it and crank it all the way to the max and it wont pull above 56lbs of actual draw lbs..

the thing is that it shoots great and very accurate.
    i would just like to get some more speed from it and maybe get a flatter trajectory.

on the chrono i am getting 245 fps out of it with 100 gr field tips, regular nocks and carbon supreme lite arrows that are shaft size 350 and rated at 9.1 grains per inch.

at 20 yds, it shoots pretty flat, at 30 it starts to show some arc, and at 40 and up, it really gets a big arc to it.

looking for ideas on whether to leave it alone or have the shop mess with it some more.

i would prefer to pull around 63 lbs if possible.

I would think that at that draw weight/length,you should be shooting a 400 spine arrow.Lighten it up a bit and increase the speed,reduce the arc

Comment

^^ agreed, and a 9.1 gpi arrow is on the heavy side. go with a lighter arrow and get some more speed and reduce arc

Comment

you can add some twists to the buss cable and preload the cam to increase the DW. And there is a world of selection arrow wise to get more speed from that set up.

Comment

Check out the 340 Easton flatlined 8.2 gpi, or the 400's at 7.4 gpi

Comment

A2A, brace heighth, and/or cam rotation is not right.
            should be able to easily get 63 lbs out of that bow while maintaining proper draw-length.
            Next would be arrow selection.

Comment

makes sense on the a2a, or brace height, cam

wouldnt those things being off make it shoot poorly?
              i am fairly ignorant on tuning and mechanics of a bow. i understand the basics, but not comfortable with the bigger stuff

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
                makes sense on the a2a, or brace height, cam

wouldnt those things being off make it shoot poorly?
                i am fairly ignorant on tuning and mechanics of a bow. i understand the basics, but not comfortable with the bigger stuff
                No, If nock is set properly, bow can be tuned at nearly any cam rotation /poundage.

Comment

used to have the kronik and i twisted the buss cable a few times and got mine from 70 lbs to 75 lbs....so try having the buss cable twisted then also get lighter arrows

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                    you can add some twists to the buss cable and preload the cam to increase the DW. And there is a world of selection arrow wise to get more speed from that set up.
                    Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    A2A, brace heighth, and/or cam rotation is not right.
                    should be able to easily get 63 lbs out of that bow while maintaining proper draw-length.
                    Next would be arrow selection.
                    ^^^ both these...check the mfr specs for brace height and ata. if they are not correct then that will be the prob with draw weight.

Comment

My dad's (which is for sale) is a 40-50. He had Scott at Viking build him a new string and It is pulling 54 cranked down. Wierd.

Comment

thanks for all the responses. is this something i should wait until after the season to mess with? the twisting, etc...

Comment

Working...
                        X