Angle comp needed???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angle comp needed???

Im looking to buy a new rangefinder. I plan on getting one of the leupold rx-1000i's with DNA. Either the one with TBR or without.

The one with TBR has angle compensation and true ballistics range(which ill never use).
    The other, does not have either of these.

What I am wondering, I hunt flat ground and usually in a tree stand about 15-25ft up the tree. Is the angle compensation really needed for my aplication? Or is it more for the people in the mountains?

Thanks for any advice.

I hunt 20' up in a large oak,my feeder is 21.5 yds away.I aim for 20 and hit dead nut everytime.ARC is not needed imo

Comment

I think at distances of 20-30 yards, just use that pin and you're good to go. I don't see the need for ARC. Now if you were planning on taking 50+ yard shots it might make a difference.

Comment

ARC is a gimmick that the masses have bought into by the thousands!!! Folks have been getting by using normal rangefinders for decades and now all the sudden they need the angle math?? Nah, just get a normal one and save the price difference for something really useful like a bow turbo!!

Comment

My stands are 15 & 20 feet up. If my nikon says shoot it for 20 then that's what I do. I practice out of my stands and have not noticed any difference.

The only change I make when shooting from elevated stands is I aim for the exit hole.

Comment

Working...
          X