knife to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knife to buy

i have an old buck 119 but i want to get another knife.........not a buck.. any suggestions? i want a combination gut / skining knife.

Browning Wasatch Skinner Caper Buck Hunting Knife Combo

I've had this combo for a long time and love it. i also have some custom knives but my heart would break if I lost one of those, so the above combo is my go to for the pack

Comment

I bought a Cutco skinning knife that I really like but it doesn't have a gut hook. My other knife is a Gerber, can't remember the model, but it does have a gut hook and it works great.

Comment

Outdoor Edge Swingblade

Comment

I have a Gerber Profile w/guthook. Works just fine.

Comment

why not buck? i have a avid hunter with out hook and its great. they make one with a hook too. went to break the hips the first time i used it and slipped and i can testify to how sharp they come outta the box. took a 3 inch fillet off my palm.

Comment

Cutco. I have two of their skinning knives. Just buy a razor blade gut hook and ur set.

Comment

Another here with CutCo. No gut hook, but I have never needed one. Same knife going 11 years. Been sent off to sharpen twice after cleaning 20+ deer, honesty no guess on number of hogs..40+?, and sawed a brick in half....cause a guy said it wouldn't

I have an Old Timer with cut hook and its a good knife also, just needs sharpening...but I still dont used the hook on it. I guess its just habit for me to use a blade.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaB View Post
                  Cutco. I have two of their skinning knives. Just buy a razor blade gut hook and ur set.
                  I'm with you on that one brother. I cut both fingers on my left hand with his cutco Saturday night lol. Not bad I pulled back both times before it got worse then a paper cut.

Comment

Case

Comment

Some good suggestions already listed. Knives are a personal thing IMO, what I prefer maybe totally different than what you prefer and vice versa. Currently I am a fan of Knives of Alaska, great feel and hold a edge really well.

Comment

case sodbuster

Comment

Knives of Alaska whitetail hunter (gut hook and skinner) w/ blaze orange handle........d2 steel and lifetime warranty, also comes with a nice leather sheath

Comment

One sweet knife.
                            Originally posted by bloodycactus View Post
                            Outdoor Edge Swingblade

Comment

I have a gerber with a gut hook and has worked well. I have seen the benchmade with a gut hook and seems to be areally nice knife but a little pricey.

Comment

Working...
                              X