Lightweight Lock On Stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightweight Lock On Stand?

Anybody know of some other light weight lock on stands beside Lone Wolf. Seems like they are the most popular but I just don't want to spend that much for one. I'll be hunting some public land in October and I'll have to be packing whatever I'm gonna hunt out of. I'm thinking about going with the ameristep aluminum rapid rails, just cause I'm not a fan of the climbing sticks. Thanks for advice.

Muddy and Summit are 2 I would look at

I have a Summit Hawk that I bought to use on public land and draw hunts witha set of Lone Wolf climbing stiks (4) weights around 20# total

Comment

Just find one that is aluminum, that is usually the key to being lightweight.

Comment

BT, I looked up the Muddy stands and they seem pretty light. Just don't know if that platform is big enough. And aluminum is the only way!! Ha ha

Comment

Academy has some for $39....

Comment

The academy stands are not aluminum. Look at the summit line of stands. both climbers and hang ons

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
              The academy stands are not aluminum. Look at the summit line of stands. both climbers and hang ons
              Didnt know he would only buy aluminum. Light weight but also alot more expensive. Good luck, I got the Academy one and a Big Game XL.

Comment

This is the one I have

Light=aluminum=$$$

I bought mine used from a TBHer, probably have better luck finding a used stand after season but that is where i would start if I wanted to save some money

Comment

The Lone Wolf Alpha Assault is the best lightweight hang-on stand IMO. It weighs 8.5 lbs and you can buy them for $180.00. Aluminum is the only way to go if you're talking lightweight!

Comment

API or Loc-on. both are quiet and lightweight. the Loc-on stands are a very simple design and are easy to copy. just finished welding mine up this afternon. bed frame angle iron is plenty light and strong an i'm using a 3/4" plywood for the platform. please don't rant about homemade stands. im an experienced welder and mud truck builder. all is under control

Comment

Working...
                    X