Clear All

? About this Ripcord Arrow Rest

I'm installing a Code Red on my Hoyt tonight and have this piece left over:

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1316133250254.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	24866811

What is this little piece used for? I've read the instruction sheet a few times now and still have no idea what it does! Ideas anyone?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

arrow rest on your shelf/riser.

Comment

It's for your arrow to rest in on the shelf.

Comment

Trash if you want to use it it sits on the riser rest and you put it center for your arrow to rest on when your rip cord is in the down position. I never use it though. They fall off and are a pain .

Comment

I don't use that piece with mine.

Comment

Don't you "set" a rip cord rest similar to a QAD? You place the arrow on the launcher, then set it in the up position for full containment, then when you shoot the launcher falls away? I don't see the point in that piece.

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
              Don't you "set" a rip cord rest similar to a QAD? You place the arrow on the launcher, then set it in the up position for full containment, then when you shoot the launcher falls away? I don't see the point in that piece.
              Thats what I'm sayin, I was wondering what it was for also, I never used mine. Ripcord is awesome though

Comment

yeah like everyone else has said its not really needed. i tossed mine.

Comment

I shaved mine down flat and left it on there for a bumper pad. But I don't think that's necessary, more psychological I imagine. Mine stays in the locked and cocked position any time there's an arrow in there anyway.

Comment

I put it on my shelf and it's worthless, wouldn't stick it on, something that covers the WHOLE SHELF like felt deadening material would be better served on the bow than that piece...

Comment

Same here. Didn't install it. When in the stand, I lock the reset up and don't worry about my arrow falling.

Comment

tossed mine as well, seems useless...

Comment

I kinda figured if they wanted me putting it on the rider shelf they would've at least put some double-stick tape on the back of this doohickey.

Comment

Working...
                          X