limb pocket popping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

limb pocket popping

I got a PSE a little over a week now it was shooting great(my first bow) till a popping started read on some other forums something to do with limb pockets.Just wandering if anyone has had this problem if so what if anything can fix it.Thank in advance

Take it to the shop you got it from and tell them.

Comment

There may be some washers that need to be replaced with brass washers. I have a PSE Evo and have been told that if it starts to make a noise in the limb pocket area that will be the fix. Take it to a pro shop. Don't know where your located but I use Pigeon Road down in Stevenville. Best PSE bow tec's around.

Comment

Take it back to the shop ASAP.

Comment

I ordered it online so taking it back ain't happening but with the warranty I can take it to a dealer to get fixed.Talked with a dealer close to me and they said they will take care of it witch is good to know.With that aside I do like the bow,being my first one don't have much to compare with its a fun shoot.

Comment

From what I have read the limb popping has been a problem with the bow and not just with my make but others.Will have to send it in to see if they might be able to fix it.Sure is a bummer to get something new and have to send it back to get fixed.What are the odds of PSE giving me a refund?

Comment

They only thing you want to hear "pop" is the arrow into the chest cavity of the critter you are shooting at.

Comment

How dangerous is this problem? Is it something that should be taken care of right away?

Comment

This happens with some PSE's. My Evo was doing the same thing. Had Cinnamon Creek Archery lube the limb pockets. The noise is gone and it shoots even smoother and i picked up even more speed.

Comment

I took it to a PSE dealer but they was so packed that he said it might be Monday when he would be able to get to it so I went to the shop that I have been going to shoot at and he took it down and we lubed it all over the limb pockets but no luck.So I will take it to the dealer and drop it off maybe I might get it back before the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen 1:28 View Post
                      So I will take it to the dealer and drop it off maybe I might get it back before the season.
                      Good luck Hopefully, they'll get it taken care of quickly.

Comment

Well I got my bow back and she is slinging them arrows minus the popping.He said he had to take it down a couple of times to find out exactly what it was.First he cleaned and lubed the pockets but was still popping them he found a lose screw in the module tighten it up and now all I hear is the air getting sliced soon the game(I hope).

Comment

Working...
                        X