Climbing Stands Help/Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climbing Stands Help/Opinion

Here it is. I was lucky enough to get drawn for Hagerman seg A and was thinking of buying a climber. I have never used one before always ladder or tripods when not ground blind hunting. Want one that is comfortable to stay in all day and must be built to hold 300# plus. Big guy rated. Have been looking at the Summit titian. Any input good or bad appreacheated.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.683404,-97.110670

I am a pretty big boy and I love sitting in my Summit Viper. It is the most comfortable tree stand I have ever hunted out of.

Comment

Any Summit climber rated for over 300 will be the most comfortable stand you will ever sit in IMO. The Goliath and Titan both are rated to 350, and the Titan appears to have a larger frame. That would be my choice if I were looking to replace my Viper!!

You still could use a ladder stand out there depending on how far from the road you will be setting up, and how far you have to carry your set up into the woods.

Comment

I have the Summit Viper Classic and it is made of steel and is very heavy to carry through the woods along with my other gear. The Summit stands made out of Aluminum are the ones to go with. Much lighter and very well built. Summit makes a great product.

Comment

I am right up the road from you and have a Summit that you can use if you don't want to buy one just for a couple of hunts. I will check the rating on it tonight if you are interested.

Comment

Well good things to hear. I'm picking up my summit tonight.

Comment

I've got a new Titan and it's really nice and sturdy. A big platform to stand and very comfortable seat

Comment

Just got a new to me summit blade. Works well and super comfy. My stand and pack weighs in around 36lbs.

Comment

Working...
                X