New arrows help me out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New arrows help me out

I'm going to buy some new arrows this week I have allways used 4'' vanes . Whats the pros & cons between 4'' and blazer vanes ?

dont forget about the 3" vanes i have heard they work well

Comment

id stick to a 2in blazer.

Comment

Originally posted by LaytonConor View Post
        id stick to a 2in blazer.
        What the difference? What makes them better?

Comment

Anyone. I need some good advice

Comment

Blazers will allow you to pick up a little speed. They are tough, compact and work just fine for steering BHs. So do 4 inch vanes. So with the exception of picking up a little speed because they are lighter, it is a matter of what you want.

One possible negative could be cable clearance since they are generally taller than a longer vane.

Comment

I just switched back from Blazers to 4 inch vanes. I really do think I am getting better groups with my BHs shooting the 4 inch vanes.

Comment

Positives on Blazers or smaller vanes versus 4" or 5" vanes is a little more initial speed thru the chrono and less effect from a crosswind on the arrow and the clearance if that is an issue.

Comment

I use blazers simply for the reason that the brace height on my bow (82nd Airborne) is so short between the nock and the rest that the longer vanes don't clear the rest while the arrow is in the "loaded" position.
                  I don't know that it matters but it just bothers me so I went with blazers.

Comment

Whatever you do, you're going to need some custom wraps.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
                      Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
                        Lol I'll keep that in mind

Comment

I use 3" Bohning X Vanes with no problems shooting Muzzy's.

Comment

Bottom line is you will not get better groups with blazer vanes, maybe a little more speed , but not enough to make any diff. at all. Pros of shorter vanes are easier clearance in some setups, and maybe a little less maint.. But you will get a stable flight quicker with the 4 or 5 in vane . The reason the shorter vanes are more popular now is that bows have become easier to tune, and you don't necessarily need a 4" vane to shoot good groups. You will have some who disagree with this...but the 4" vane is also quieter in flight than the 2" blazer. This is with a slight offset fletch. I can clearly hear the diff. .

Comment

blazers look cool thats why i use them

Comment

Working...
                              X