Sight question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sight question

what exactly does 2nd and 3rd axis mean?

and another thing is for those of you who use a sight with micro adjustment..
    how do you like it? does it loosin and need adjusting alot or once its sighted does it stay. Also how easy is it to sight with the micro?

thanks layton

I will not go back to a traditional sight now that I use a micro adjust. I simply check the tightness now and then...havent had a problem to date. Cannot help with the 2nd and 3rd axis

Comment

2nd and 3rd axis adjustments keep you sights and level, level with the world and square with your arrow.
      Unless you hunt where severe angles are prominent, and/or you have a problem canting your bow, these adjustments are really not necessary.
      In 11 years of owning an archery shop, I've not met a single person that has a sight with these adjustments that could tell me that they were adjusted properly.
      I have no use for a micro adjustable sight.

Comment

Originally posted by mstintheuscg View Post
        I will not go back to a traditional sight now that I use a micro adjust. I simply check the tightness now and then...havent had a problem to date. Cannot help with the 2nd and 3rd axis
        on the turn knobs do they have a cap that you screw off before turning like rifle scopes have? or is it just the knob?

Comment

Originally posted by LaytonConor View Post
          on the turn knobs do they have a cap that you screw off before turning like rifle scopes have? or is it just the knob?
          Hex screw to allow movement by micro-adjust feature, and then to tighten after adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
            2nd and 3rd axis adjustments keep you sights and level, level with the world and square with your arrow.
            Unless you hunt where severe angles are prominent, and/or you have a problem canting your bow, these adjustments are really not necessary.
            In 11 years of owning an archery shop, I've not met a single person that has a sight with these adjustments that could tell me that they were adjusted properly.
            I have no use for a micro adjustable sight.
            ok thank you! where's your shop located?

Comment

Originally posted by LaytonConor View Post
              ok thank you! where's your shop located?
              Too far.
              Lake Fork.
              I just want to make sure that you don't purchase based on features you probably won't use.

Comment

na that aint to far from me, may have to come check it out someday.
                Ya i really dont kno if it is necessary to spend 200 bucks on those sights..like imo you dont have to have it
                just wanted to kno exactly what those were.

Comment

Working...
                X