Bow torquing left after shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow torquing left after shot?

I just noticed this last night. I dont know if its something Ive always done or not but I wondered what is goin on. When I release, The bow whips left. My shots are still on target, Just thought it was weird. Any ideas?

hand too tight on the grip most likely!

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
      x2 try using a wrist sling tight around your wrist, it helps me to not hold on to the bow in fear of dropping after the shot it helps me relax my bow hand anyways

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
        That's my 1st thought too.

Keep a loose grip.
        My bow settles in the same spot of my palm every time.
        An then I just touch my index and thumb. I don't even grip the handle.

Comment

I've got the loose grip down, The only part of my hand touching the bow is the meat of my palm, My fingers are all out in the wind.

Comment

My bow naturally moves to the right (I'm left-handed) at the shot--seems to me if you are shooting with good back tension, that your shoulder blades are going to move closer together at the release and thus your bow arm will move too as the muscles attached to the shoulder blades are attached to the arm/shoulder too.

I'm no coach but that is my understanding of the anatomy and musculature.

Comment

I caught myself doing it a couple of weeks ago i found out I was pushing the grip forward with my left hand and punching the trigger. Relax your left arm when you shoot it helped me not sure if yours is the same situation tho

Comment

Originally posted by txcntryboy View Post
                I've got the loose grip down, The only part of my hand touching the bow is the meat of my palm, My fingers are all out in the wind.
                Ok good. keep the loose grip. this is hard to describe. but now take you bow and hold it out in frint of you like you just shot. open your hand up and lay it flat with only your thumb and index finger on the bow. so basically the bow will be against the joint of your thumb. that should eliminate all torque...

and also keep your elbow bent some. dont stiffen up. that casues torque also...

Comment

loose grip

Comment

Working...
                  X