bow for the wife advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bow for the wife advice

I'm looking for a decent starter bow for my wife. Want to keep the price down because she might not continue to shoot. But I don't want to be to cheap and the reason she quit shooting because of a crappy bow. So a low price good quality bow. Oh, and she says she wants it in pink. lol

Not sure about color options, but my wife loves her Bowtech Heartbreaker.

Comment

Diamond has a pink bow. Think it is called the outlaw (help me out if i'm wrong guys). Know several women that use this particular bow and love it. Not sure on the price, though.

I bought my wife a Mission Craze. Came with rest, stabilizer and quiver. Walked out of the shop and only spent $400. She loves it.

Comment

Pink bow and cheap don't go together lol. I bought my wife the diamond razor edge pink camo. She loves it. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313070407.043849.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	24007210Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313070439.699733.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	24007211

Comment

I think the PSE Chaos come in a pink version and is relatively inexpensive. Might want to check that out.

Comment

Ideas

It's,gonna depend on ur budget. Passion, mission line ,Hoyt ,but$$$$ crx 32 or 35. And get custom strings. I got mine from extreme bowstrings !

Comment

I got the pink Diamond Razor Edge complete package for $329 from BPS. You could start her with 1/2 doz ICS Behman Hunter juniors for $30... They're good for up to 40lb.

My son has the PSE Chaos. You can get the loaded pink package for $379 from BPS. (I would rather support my local pro shop, but that's up to you. They may have to order it in.)

Now then, for a few more $$, there is the G5 Quest. They shoot up to 45lb. Very nice bow and they have pink ones hanging on the wall in Viking Archery.

If I had the $$ to get my next bow, I would be offering you my Diamond!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedmaster View Post
                I got the pink Diamond Razor Edge complete package for $329 from BPS. You could start her with 1/2 doz ICS Behman Hunter juniors for $30... They're good for up to 40lb.

My son has the PSE Chaos. You can get the loaded pink package for $379 from BPS. (I would rather support my local pro shop, but that's up to you. They may have to order it in.)

Now then, for a few more $$, there is the G5 Quest. They shoot up to 45lb. Very nice bow and they have pink ones hanging on the wall in Viking Archery.

If I had the $$ to get my next bow, I would be offering you my Diamond!
                Keep me in mind if you decide to sell your bow. I don't think we will buy a bow just yet but it is something we are both looking into for her. I am not against buying a used bow. I bought my bow in 2009 and it was used. I love it and it shoots perfect for me. So not against used bows here.

Comment

Originally posted by russellc View Post
                  Keep me in mind if you decide to sell your bow. I don't think we will buy a bow just yet but it is something we are both looking into for her. I am not against buying a used bow. I bought my bow in 2009 and it was used. I love it and it shoots perfect for me. So not against used bows here.
                  That's good to know - yes, I will keep you in mind.

Was just browsing the Mathews catalog and forgot to mention the Mission Craze. It is another very adjustable, affordable option that is available in Lost Camo pink, pink lemonade and the drop dead gorgeous black cherry - they would probably be special order too.

Comment

I have a Quest Torch in Realtree APS pink camo, with the Gfade option. I DID NOT get this bow because of the color, but because of how it felt and performed. I haven't shot in years and wanted something I would be comfortable with. I shot several of the bows mentioned above, before getting this one. If you are ever around Conroe give me the heads up- I work there and would be happy to let your wife see it. -Julie

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                      I have a Quest Torch in Realtree APS pink camo,
                      Yes! Quest by G5 Torch is what I meant in my other post.

How would you compare it to the other bows? What was the deciding factor for you?

Comment

Overall, the smoothness of the draw of the Torch was really what won me over, but there were other factors that helped. I do a lot of hunting on foot thru heavy brush, and wanted something that would be somewhat forgiving. I shot the Quest, a Razor, and a pink accented Bear (can't think of the name) side by side, and the Torch just felt better. I have mine maxed at 45# now, and can pull it straight back easily, sitting in a chair or on the ground. I got the package deal on it, and paid about 479, I think. Of course by the time I actually left the store that amount was significantly more. To be honest, the Torch wasn't my initial first pick. They didn't have one in 'real' camo, and when the tech reached for the pink one, I was like "Uh, no. Just NO. I realize I'm a girl but if I walk out of here with a pink bow, I'm going to catch he** from all the guys I work with, not to mention my brother and Dad." Lucky for me the guy asked me to try it, just to compare.

Comment

Lol, CQ!
                          Thanks for the review. Sounds like you got a great package for a great price. Even though I have a pink bow, I'm kinda with you. I'm not a pink lady by any means, so have kept the pinkness to a minimum. Now if I could just find something in purple...

Comment

Originally posted by Speedmaster View Post
                            Now if I could just find something in purple...
                            Have you seen the Mathews Jewel? Purple bling is an option!!!
                            Last edited by CamoQuest; 08-11-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                              Have you seen the Mathews Jewel? Purple bling is an option!!!
                              Ohhh yes.

Been looking at that and the Passion, but it would be in the black w/pink & purple graphics. I'll probably go for the stealth look with a few purple pops here and there. Actually really digging the look of the Z7 Xtreme Tactical in all black with the carbon fiber look limbs - that thing is sick.

Aaaand, I'll change my mind at least a dozen times before I can actually *afford* my next bow... it was Hoyt not so long back... but really admire the Mathews business model, ethics and technologies.

Just window shopping.

Comment

Working...
                              X