Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Broadness hitting low. Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadness hitting low. Help

My buzzcuts are hitting four inches low at thirty. The good news is I only had one pin and I have been wanting to set a twenty yard pin, well the broad heads are dead on at twenty. What could be causing such a large difference between the impact areas?

speed. or more accurately the loss of speed. are they grouping low at 30 when using your 20 pin? if so then that is normal, and you have to find where to aim to get them to hit where you want them.

Comment

Originally posted by ecfire1967 View Post
      My buzzcuts are hitting four inches low at thirty. The good news is I only had one pin and I have been wanting to set a twenty yard pin, well the broad heads are dead on at twenty. What could be causing such a large difference between the impact areas?
      Let me make sure I'm reading this correctly...

So your have one pin (I'm assuming a fixed pin) and it's set at 20 yards then you shoot at 30 yards and it's 4" low??

If so, yeah.. It's going to hit low! Thus the reason for having multiple pins for different distances.

Or set your single pin at 20 yards and don't shoot past 25 or so yards. You'll know that you'll hit 4" low at 30 yards...

I used to have a single pin set at 27 yards. Worked from 15 yards to 35 yards until I screwed up and shot a doe thru the back straps...

Comment

I think he's saying that with field points dead on at 30, his BH hit 4 inch low, or dead on at 20.
        You can move your sight, or lower nock point, attempting to raise the BH to same POI as FP.

Comment

[QUOTE=rocky;4023635]I think he's saying that with field points dead on at 30, his BH hit 4 inch low, or dead on at 20.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I realize if I use a twenty yard pin at thirty it's going to hit low. I'm just concerned the head is slowing my arrow. Is it a tuning problem?

Comment

have you shot the BH and compared it to a field tip to see if it is slowing your arrow down. if it is the same weight, it should not cut speed that much down range. some, but not that much. might try what rocky suggested and see if it gets better.

Comment

[quote=ecfire1967;4023678]
              Originally posted by rocky View Post
              I think he's saying that with field points dead on at 30, his BH hit 4 inch low, or dead on at 20.
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I realize if I use a twenty yard pin at thirty it's going to hit low. I'm just concerned the head is slowing my arrow. Is it a tuning problem?
              Tuning issue, not a speed difference issue.

Comment

[quote=rocky;4023710]
                Originally posted by ecfire1967 View Post

Tuning issue, not a speed difference issue.
                What's the fix other than moving the nock?

Comment

[quote=ecfire1967;4023720]
                  Originally posted by rocky View Post

What's the fix other than moving the nock?
                  Nothing is guaranteed, but if BH hit lower than FP, nock point is too high.
                  (readers digest version)
                  You can lower nock point, or if your rest has elevation adjustment, raise rest.
                  I'm assuming all else is good with bow, and arrow spine while saying this.

Comment

Working...
                  X