Is 3.5 years to young?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 3.5 years to young?

I was just reading the thread by, mike_parson, bow for 12yr old son?, and it got me thinking and itching as to whether or not to buy my 3.5 year old daughter her first bow already. What age did some of you guys get your kids started? Is it safe to get her started now and what would be a good starter bow for a 3 to 4 year old?

watchin this. i'm in same boat!!

Comment

I started one grandson at 3 and he is on his second bow at almost 5.5. Other grandson started him at 5. Look at the nuclear ice by diamond. Have sold several little people.

Comment

I got my oldest son a recurve cheapy from academy when he was four. He is eight now and still likes to shoot it.
        Now that he is older and I have four little ones, I would like to move up to a Genesis (I think that is what their called) since the draw length doesn't need adjusted for my other kids to shoot.

Comment

Son started with a cheapy bear compound at 3 and he is now shooting a browning adrenalin....he is 11 now... Very adjustable bow and surprisingly fairly fast for a youth bow.... Daughter started a lil later at 6

Comment

My son got started at the LSBA Expo shooting the recurves they had for the kids and was hooked from then on at 3yrs old. 6.5 now and shooting a small bear bow.

Comment

Every child would be unique at that age. I would say the earlier the better if the child can handle the concept. I would start them with bear recurve and let them develope instinctively.

Comment

I do agree with some of the post that the Diamond series are great bows they can grow with. I bouaght one for my son at 10 and he is just now growing out of it at 15 because the weight, draw and limb combinations the bow is a 3 to 4+ year bow for a kid which is great. I will now pass it down to my 12 year old daughter.

Comment

I like the responses! ttt

Comment

I bought a tiny longbow for my son when he was around that age

Passed it down to his sister and still have it

Comment

Working...
                    X