Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

UPS came today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS came today

Got my new Guide Gear stand today from sportsmans guide. I just had to open it and take a look. It feels very sturdy and heavy. The welds look good. Different seat than comparable stands and no grease zerks. Looks good to me. Might take a couple minutes to drill a few hole and install some zerks. Now I just have to convince my BIL to put it up for me.

Clamp on? lets see some pics

Comment

Used one last year without any problems.
      Roy

Comment

Ill get some pics in a little bit. Just started icing my broken foot for the third time today. I am excited about getting it up. I already have the perfect spot for it. There are about 4-5 good trails coming right around this big oak tree that are all within 30 yards that lead to the feeder and small food plot area I planted last year. This spot will give me way more visibility over the area. It got really boring last year in the tripod for 5 hours at a time looking through one little shooting lane.
        Last edited by rem788; 08-01-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

cool, can't wait to see the pics

Comment

Are you talking about the ones like the Game Tamer stands?

Comment

Yes sir. I ordered it last sunday and it arrived today. By the way for the people who have put one up before, how do you get the steps to go into the tree. Do you have to drill a little pilot hole or just use alot of elbow grease

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                Yes sir. I ordered it last sunday and it arrived today. By the way for the people who have put one up before, how do you get the steps to go into the tree. Do you have to drill a little pilot hole or just use alot of elbow grease
                either or...
                I use strap on mini-ladders... never could get comfortable with the screw in steps....always pictured my self falling and surviving the fall because of the safety strap,, but goring the crap out of myself on one of those steps..

Comment

if your talking about tree peg steps, I pre-drill, then use elbow grease and a big hammer, as far as the tree stand itself, take the drill and a cheater bar, and a level, takes me about 20 minutes to fully set up that stand, longest part is doing the tightening of the anchor bolts.

Comment

Let's see em

Comment

I didn't think about that. Maybe the strap on steps would be better. I am going to have to take a look into that.
                      [IMG][/IMG]
                      Heres the pic of it in the box. Looks to be powdercoated but it is probably some industrial paint. Either way it look like it should hold up to the weather without a problem for a few years before i hve to paint it. It also comes with a safety harness of some sort but I will be going with a Hunter Safety System harness anyway. The only downside I can see is if the plastic seat breaks from dry rot or something like that. It doesn't mount like a regular plastic boat seat so I will have to work something out when that time comes but for now I am going to enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                        I ordered 3 of them a few weeks ago & was pleased with the stand.

I bought the screw in steps but am leery of them once I got them in the tree. I ordered the Ameristep Rapid Rails & am going to put them up next trip to the lease.

Comment

ordered one about three weeks ago, haven't hung it yet, but am anxious to know if it's as good as the Game Tamer stands

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            either or...
                            I use strap on mini-ladders... never could get comfortable with the screw in steps....always pictured my self falling and surviving the fall because of the safety strap,, but goring the crap out of myself on one of those steps..
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

I got 3 and a set of the ladder steps, haven't hung any of it yet but these should work well where we hunt. They are mostly 2nd seat for tandem spots but IMHO these style stands are the best type to hunt from. I will add a ratchet strap around the base for stability.

Comment

Working...
                              X