Anchor point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anchor point

I was doing a little late night thinking about my shooting, and I wanted to know what anchor point I should use. I draw and put the tip of my nose on the string, and my index finger knuckle is at the jawline where it meets my earlobe. I only have a 27" DL, but I just wanted to make sure that I ok with this. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing my anchor point. I take more time to get the whole muscle memory before the shot, but I just need a second opinion.

Use the one that feels most comfortable and use the same one every time.

~Michael

Comment

You'll get several opinions on this, but I use a kisser button. My dad was against using one for years, until I convinced him they were the way to go, especially if you are shooting from a tree stand and shooting down at an angle. He's now very glad he took my advice. A pro shop can help you install one in the correct location on your string.

Comment

I use a kisser button AND a peep...

Comment

Find the sweet spot that feels good to you, the better the form you have the better off you will be, it really doesn't matter if it is a knuckle, thumb, finger or a kisser button as long as you do the same thing every time.

Some folks use a kisser button, I don't and I guess it was because i felt like it that was one more thing that could go wrong/break in the field.

Comment

Its about repeatable. The kisser button is doing the same thing as putting your first finger knuckle where your jaw meets your ear. This combined with nose on string is as good as any ancor option.

Its important to have two points of reference to keep your line of sight through your sites the same.

Comment

String on the front of your nose, Kisser button corner of mouth and thumb knuckle under bottom jaw. 3 point anchor you will come to the same place all three together. Good luck.

Comment

I anchor in the se place, I also took and tied some string serving on my string to make a small knot that I touch the tip of my nose too, the main reason for that is night hunting, you just anchor and touch your nose to the knot and after you get used to the knot you don't have to worry about not seeing your sight housing in the dark. That works for me at least

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                  Its about repeatable. The kisser button is doing the same thing as putting your first finger knuckle where your jaw meets your ear. This combined with nose on string is as good as any ancor option.

Its important to have two points of reference to keep your line of sight through your sites the same.
                  X2

Comment

Comfortable and at least 2 points of contact with your face/jawline/nose/hand and the string. The more the better. Consistency!

Comment

Working...
                    X