Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

String coming off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String coming off!

So I have this coworker that just started getting into bow hunting. He went down to Cabellas and got him a PSE Stinger. Had it for less then a week and the string came off while shotting! He called me up and I suggested he take it back to see what the problem was. They never told him what the problem was they just replaced the bow for him.
    Now a week later the same thing, string came off the roller. He told me he didn't dry fire the bow and I'm afraid he's going to give up the whole idea of bow hunting.
    Anyone have any experience with this bow?

Weird, I have the same bow and havent had a lick of trouble out of mine at all. Tell him to get his money back and go to a bowshop that will set em up right.

Comment

I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about (seriously) but could he possibly be torking (I know I spelled it wrong can't remember the proper way how to) the bow excessively when he releases the string? I dunno just throwing that out there im still pretty green with the technical aspects of archery

Sent from my high speed low drag iJoke using Tapatalk

Comment

Is he using a release or shooting with fingers?

Never a good idea to shoot or even pull back a compound with your fingers. It's easy for the string to roll out of the valley of the cam/wheel.

Comment

Do they have the poundage turned down to low? Maybe it doesnt have enough tension to keep the string where it should be? Ill be following this one though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
            Is he using a release or shooting with fingers?

Never a good idea to shoot or even pull back a compound with your fingers. It's easy for the string to roll out of the valley of the cam/wheel.
            He's using a release.

Comment

Originally posted by txcntryboy View Post
              Do they have the poundage turned down to low? Maybe it doesnt have enough tension to keep the string where it should be? Ill be following this one though.
              Not sure I'll ask!

Comment

If hes not doing it with fingers, I would have to think cam lean is horrible.....or he is torqueing the riser some kinda bad (would lean more toward the second choice)

Comment

There is a problem. I will PM you....

Comment

Problem with the bow DFW PI? If so I wouldnt mind knowing as well.

Comment

Bow

Originally posted by txcntryboy View Post
                      Problem with the bow DFW PI? If so I wouldnt mind knowing as well.
                      I would need to take a look at it first to confirm.

Comment

He is torking the bow with his bow hand and upon the shot the string is derailing or could possibly happen while he is drawing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          He is torking the bow with his bow hand and upon the shot the string is derailing or could possibly happen while he is drawing.
                          This is what I was talkin bout, glad to see I wasn't thinking crazy thoughts

Sent from my high speed low drag iJoke using Tapatalk

Comment

I've found several this past week from various purchases, mostly from places other than bow shops, with this same problem. It wasn't the shooter, but the bow itself, that was causing the problem.

Comment

What was the problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X