What happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened?

Turned my bows poundage up 1/2 turn and went from being tight and where I wanted them to low and right by 4 inches. Can anyong give me a hint?

If you added more powder to a rifle cartridge, would you expect the bullet to hit the same spot?

Comment

Good point but down and right?

Comment

Relax and shoot it again in u get same results then resight it again!...

Comment

Originally posted by jesus ochoa View Post
          Good point but down and right?
          Remember, that limbs are rarely perfectly matched, and any adjustment may affect one more than the other causing nock point to move one way more than the other,(up/down).
          Up/down nock movement also affects left/right to some degree due to arrow oscillation, but probably the cable tension change caused the left/right impact change.

There is, simply put, no way to change something on a bow, and everything else stay the same.

Comment

affects spine of arrow, which can cause the problem you are having. Just resight in and you'll be fine.

Comment

Well finally got some time to find out if I was the problem or the bow. It someway lossened the sight pins. Walked back and got it back ( Note to self check everything for tightness or defects first ). They should not have moved but it happens won't forget from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
                Relax and shoot it again in u get same results then resight it again!...
                this

Comment

Right but work sometimes gets in the way.

Comment

Working...
                  X