Pop up Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhbaseball View Post
    I will be hunting out of 1 also for my first time ever....shopping around now as which one to get
    Buddy of mine just picked up a new blind. Primos....I think. Had magnet windows. Im definitely getting one with magnets for my next purchase. Really quiet. Thought I would throw that out there for you.

Comment

hunted outta a pop up last year a couple times and what concerned me any was the black widdas...they love the solitude and quiteness a popup can provide....I just come to it with my minisniper bow light on to see what's waitin' inside before I crawl in...

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
        hunted outta a pop up last year a couple times and what concerned me any was the black widdas...they love the solitude and quiteness a popup can provide....I just come to it with my minisniper bow light on to see what's waitin' inside before I crawl in...
        Black widows, hadn't thought about that them crawling in, another worry to my mind. lol

Comment

round blinds have some major advantages. just clear the ground good and always check when getting in. you have much more concealment and scent cover but less visibility. I use both ground blinds and tree stands depending on the location and cover.

Comment

4' wooden platform.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAddict View Post
              4' wooden platform.
              That would take care of the snake problem.

Comment

I just need to get a bigger one my youngest son and I were a little cramped this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Loreva13 View Post
                  That would take care of the snake problem.
                  Yeah cause we all know snakes can't climb.

Sent from Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Yeah cause we all know snakes can't climb.

Sent from Tapatalk
                    Exactly,

Comment

Well not sure about climbing but Ive seen one was wrapped around where the rods crossed before. I also just clean up the area real good so I can see.

Comment

I'm thinking about laying out a semi-permanent foundation for my pop-up for two reasons: I too am scared of snakes and creepy-crawlies surprising me at 5:30am some morning, and because I bought the cheapest pop-up I could find, the Gorilla Rifleman from Academy. Got it on sale for $30. The windows are too short for me to hunt out of (rifle only), without propping the whole blind up on something. So, my plan is to lay out some short cinder blocks, enough to make a foundation, with the perimeter lined with taller blocks, on which I will stake down my blind. It'll give me a little vertical height to make the windows more better, and make my floor more solid. I'm gonna throw down some carpet too.

Last year on opening morning, had a doe walk within 5 yards of me in this blind. I'd had it propped up on some sticks and brush to make the windows the right height. Looking forward to this year's season.

Comment

Working...
                        X