Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Wraps question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraps question

I buy my arrows pre cut and with the blazers already on em but I NEED reflective wraps! This weekend alone I lost TWO arrows in an open grassy field. Both had new broadheads AND nockturnal nocks on em!
    So my question before I buy is. Can I roll the wrap on infront of the blazer vanes? Or do I have to strip the vanes, roll the wraps and refletch?

Thanks!

Yes you can.
    Of course you could go to a proshop and have them built.

Comment

I have seen in Lancaster Archery reflective tape to install on arrows. It is not a wrap, but it would work real well for arrows that are already fletched. They come in like one inch strips that you can install anywhere on the shaft, and won't add as much weight as a full wrap.

Comment

I have put them on in front of the fletchings before but they dont look as good. Now I normally just buy bare shafts and wrap and fletch them myself. I bought a Arizona EZ fletch helix and buy my wraps from Cam. I think if I were you id work on a back stop of some sort

Comment

Originally posted by Centraltexan View Post
          I have seen in Lancaster Archery reflective tape to install on arrows. It is not a wrap, but it would work real well for arrows that are already fletched. They come in like one inch strips that you can install anywhere on the shaft, and won't add as much weight as a full wrap.
          i have bought some glow in the dark wraps and cut them in 1/2" strips and put right below the nock like your talking about, but that was a waste of money the glowing would only last about 3 or 4 minutes

Comment

I use DOT reflective tape in front of my fletchings and a small peice behind the fletching also. Wall Mart for abot $8.

Comment

Here is an example.
              Attached Files

Comment

are the reflective wraps alot thicker/heavier than normal wraps just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by keddins View Post
                  Here is an example.
                  Interesting! Did it change your POI?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter004 View Post
                    I have put them on in front of the fletchings before but they dont look as good. Now I normally just buy bare shafts and wrap and fletch them myself. I bought a Arizona EZ fletch helix and buy my wraps from Cam. I think if I were you id work on a back stop of some sort
                    Shooting at game brotha.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
                      Shooting at game brotha.
                      Ahhh, that makes more sense.

Comment

x2 on the regulat old reflective tape. Had some and cut in small strips, wrapped in front and behind vanes, shot exactly like other arrows. Especially helpful when using lighted nocks.

Comment

Originally posted by keddins View Post
                          Here is an example.
                          I do mine the same way as this as well. Also, you can buy a roll of one inch reflective tape at the hardware store. It's a lot cheaper than buying wraps and it is the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Destry View Post
                            are the reflective wraps alot thicker/heavier than normal wraps just wondering
                            I just got some reflective wraps from cam and they may just be a tad bit thicker that non reflective

Comment

I took yalls advice today. $8 for the reflective tape and an hour later my new dozen arrows are reflective! I'll know this weekend if it effected my POI.

Last edited by Cuz; 07-19-2011, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X