What is your favorite and biggest waste of money gear item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite - my Thermocell

Waste of money - hand held Garmin GPS, I use it to check the sun/moon data for the day.

Comment

Broadheads. Sadly for my bank account i have a bigger selection than most shops i know of. Its a friggin addiction ive had for years.

Comment

Another vote for thermacell, its the bomb.

Comment

Worst would be rage broadheads. Tried um one year and went back to slick tricks. ST are the only way to go.

Best good range finder binos and thermacell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
            Biggest life saver? Underarmour cold gear shirt and long johns.

Biggest waste of money? My Motorola 2-way radios. They advertised 5 miles range, and in the mountains when I needed them they barely got 1/4 miles- and they were so dern complicated to program all the different features, they were almost impossible to use. And then when it was really quiet, they'd start to beep or buzz or blink.
            Agreed!

Comment

favorite- mathews Z7, thermacell, DB pop up

waste- Scent Spray, Camo Boots, E-Z Arm hangers (i always break them)

ac

Comment

My favorite gear items, safety harness and my summit Titan- I can sit all day or move trees as I chose. Rangefinder sure makes bowhunting better.

Worst- deer food, scent products

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                  Worthless = all of the rechargeable flashlights,,,,,never found one that works for long periods of time without replacing the battery pack.
                  Streamlight. High power and battery lasts forever... ish. Heavy though.

Must... Nitrile gloves. Paracord. Camel back inside camo pack...Hydrate or die. Extra release. Multitool on body. Hex wrench folding tool set. Carabiner clips. Seasonally....extra camo clothing and fleece skull caps. Several extra camo bandanas. Knife sharpener. Three knives. 3 flashlights. 9mm with snake shot.

Worthless...negative attitudes and the extra large seabag for stuffing tick ridden carcasses into

Comment

Best is corn, rubber boots, and bee smoker. Worst is scents, rattle bags, and calls.

Comment

Must have: Deer corn.
                      Useless: Butt Out-Cornhole removal tool

Comment

Holy old threads, Batman!

I'm going to add 2 favorites. My fanny pack with 2 water bottle holders. It's been in every big game hunt for 20 years, and a Cabelas soft rucksack pack on every duck hint for 15.

Comment

Best for me

Merino Wool base layers, expensive but worth it
                          rubber boots
                          thermacell
                          vortex diamondback binos
                          Permethrin insect repellent, I hate chiggers and ticks

Waste for me
                          Deer calls
                          small popup blinds, gotta go big whatever brand

Comment

One of my favorites is my badlands backpack. Really it is probably considered a day pack. One of the worst was a cheaper backpack that didn't last and didn't have enough pouches.

Comment

My waiste was a Hoyt.

Comment

What is your favorite and biggest waste of money gear item

Best gear to accompany thermacell-
                                My Shannon bug tamer 3-d jacket.
                                Works great and keeps me from getting eaten alive while traveling to and from the stand when hunting swampy areas.
                                Therma cell works great........when you are stationary.

Worst is the butt out. I felt foolish trying to use it a few times then couldn't get it to work. It joined my box of useless hunting junk. I really need to throw it all away.

Comment

Working...
                                X