Issues shooting mechanical BH fast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues shooting mechanical BH fast?

Anyone heard of folks having problems with broadheads not opening in time when shot at higher speeds? Going to be running grim reapers at 340 fps and now wondering if this could begin to create issues.

what bow are you shooting to get those speeds in a hunting bow my madness is only at like 275? and i havent heard anything like that but i could have missed something

Comment

omen at 370 grains.

Comment

Wow that bogger is FLYING! I know my Mathews isnt a speed bow but dang, makes it look like a turtle

Comment

x-force @ 330+ w/ rage 2blade and never had a problem with them not opening. havent tried other mechanicals though...

Comment

You shouldn't have a problem unless they open in flight and I don't think the Reapers will.

Comment

I have been shooting mechanicals since the mid 90's and today am shooting them at just over 300fps, have not had any issues with the heads I shoot. Have never shot any other bh other than playing around, either way, just practice with what you plan on hunting with, before heading to the woods.

Comment

Reeper made to open when it hits. I think the spring helps to hold it down til it hits.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGArchery View Post
                  Reeper made to open when it hits. I think the spring helps to hold it down til it hits.
                  x2

Comment

Working...
                  X