Setup Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup Question

Are any of you bow tunning/tech experts ever aware of a situation were when a bow is setup/tuned that the limb bolts would be not be screwed in the same? You can actually see where one limb is screwed all the way down and the other is not. Any help would be appriciated.

I'm not a bow expert by a long shot but that's a new one on me...

Comment

What bow is it?

Comment

If you're trying to correct tiller issues on an older bow, maybe.

Is your cam timing out of spec?

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
          Is your cam timing out of spec?
          Exactly my thoughts. Cam out of timing.

Comment

It is my wife's 07 Bowtech Equalizer. We took it in to have it tuned, when she got it back I was looking it over and noticed the issue. Are there not other/more appropriate ways to get the timing right?

Comment

Tiller tuning.
              Waste of time with Binary cams.
              Bottom both limbs out and start over.
              Using the limb for reference, cams should be equal at rest, and draw-stop set so that it contacts limb just prior to module stop contacting cable.
              Now set nock point level

Comment

I really wish I was closer to Lake Fork so I could just bring it to you. I can tune the heck out of a recurve, but I am scared I am going to screw something up on her bow.

Comment

Originally posted by bubinga View Post
                  I really wish I was closer to Lake Fork so I could just bring it to you. I can tune the heck out of a recurve, but I am scared I am going to screw something up on her bow.
                  I wouldn't worry about messing anything up. That can all be fixed by getting her a new bow.

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
                    I wouldn't worry about messing anything up. That can all be fixed by getting her a new bow.
                    That is what I am trying to avoid.

Comment

Take the limbs all the way in, tightening them, and then back them out the same. Next time your up my way just stop by the shop and I'll take a look at it for ya, N/C.

Comment

Originally posted by luckie View Post
                        Take the limbs all the way in, tightening them, and then back them out the same. Next time your up my way just stop by the shop and I'll take a look at it for ya, N/C.
                        Thanks for the offer. I got it taken care of. I took it back expecting to have to argue about his tunning method. He looked at it and immediatly said that it was not intentional. He was very appologetic and spent a great deal of time working on it and having her shoot it until it was perfect. He said it was most likely a mistake on his part, but went ahead and marked the limb bolts just in case. We all make mistakes, it is the willingness to admit it and how you deal with them that I am most concerned with. That being said, I was very impressed with his actions. I know a guy just south of here that not only would never admit he could make a mistake, but would make every effort to belittle you in the process.

Comment

Working...
                        X