Tuning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning question

I have a new 2011 elite pulse and have recently set it up with a QAD hunter rest. I shot it with ease out to 70 yards and through paper a week ago. Last night I had about 60 arrows through it when all of a sudden I went completely out of tune. An hour later I had it back like I wanted it, but didn't shoot it again past 20 yards. When I finished I noticed that my string, rest and sights were not in a straight line. The rest and sights are about a half in apart. Will this throw my arrow out at further distances? When I try to realign all three together, I shoot about 8" left. My timing seems to be good and both stops are equal and tight on the cams. Any thought?

You might have to make small windage adjustments on your rest, or you might have to take it to a pro shop to correct cam lean. Make sure your fletchings are not contacting the rest.

Comment

IF... I'm understanding this question- Looking from your string, through your rest...your sight pins are not in line? (to the left for right handed shooters)

If so thats 100% perfectly normal. This is due to riser touque.

Comment

Have you put this bow in a draw board? Have you checked draw weight? Have you checked brace height? Sounds like your strings have stretched and the bow needs to be retuned. But you need a draw board to check cam timing at fulldraw.

Comment

"All of a sudden" tells me something moved. Although you may shoot well even with a untimed bow, the bow is not shooting at top performance. The sight string and arrow usually lines up very close if the spine of the arrow is right and the bow is in tune. That is why I bh tune my customers bows.

Comment

Originally posted by 3children View Post
            "All of a sudden" tells me something moved. Although you may shoot well even with a untimed bow, the bow is not shooting at top performance. The sight string and arrow usually lines up very close if the spine of the arrow is right and the bow is in tune. That is why I bh tune my customers bows.
            Good point check your sight and rest to see if they have moved also. The pulse is a great bow I loved mine. Take it too your local shop sometimes an extra set of eyes can help. I am sure there are several people on tbh that would be glad to help you.

Comment

Being new to bows and bow hunting (just bought a used bow last night for my first bow), what do shops typically charge to tune a bow for you (assuming you don't have to change out any cams, etc.)?

Comment

Every shop is different depending there location and shop overhead. Our setup fee is one hour labor $42

Comment

Working...
                X