Honda Fourtrax. Rancher 4x4 Es Trx420fe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Fourtrax. Rancher 4x4 Es Trx420fe

Been looking for a 4-wheeler and came across one of these for a decent price. Anyone have any experience with Honda 4-wheelers? Ive always used Kawasaki and Yamaha...

i know you cant tear one up, my dad bought a brand new one back in 96 and i don't think he ever changed the oil in it and it ran like a champ until the day it was stolen about 2 years ago

Comment

I bought a new Honda 300 Fourtrax in 1988 and kept it until two years ago when I bought a Ranger. It still ran great, was a very good machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Shooter View Post
        I bought a new Honda 300 Fourtrax in 1988 and kept it until two years ago when I bought a Ranger. It still ran great, was a very good machine.
        I'm waiting on my 1989 300 fourtax to quit, bought new, so I can buy a new one. Good thing I'm a patient person.

Comment

the absolute very best atv/utv i've ever owned.

I used to get mine into the swamp up to the seat and it would just pull and pull. I could fill the trailer behind it with 6 guys and a huge block of dekes and never had an issue. it was light enough to pick up if I got in trouble and powerful enough for anything i could throw at it. I loved that if needed I could pull it up into the bed of a truck.

worst mistake i ever made was selling it for my first rincon. I thought that double the size and horsepower would double the ability and it candidly did not.

Buy the bike you'll never regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
            the absolute very best atv/utv i've ever owned.

I used to get mine into the swamp up to the seat and it would just pull and pull. I could fill the trailer behind it with 6 guys and a huge block of dekes and never had an issue. it was light enough to pick up if I got in trouble and powerful enough for anything i could throw at it. I loved that if needed I could pull it up into the bed of a truck.

worst mistake i ever made was selling it for my first rincon. I thought that double the size and horsepower would double the ability and it candidly did not.

Buy the bike you'll never regret it.
            Appreciate all the advice. This is a 2007 model. Hopefully the newer versions (post 1990 ) will work as well as what everyone has told me so far. Going to go take a look at it this afternoon, hopefully.

Comment

Honda makes a great bike, i think the best fourwheeler ever made may be the honda rancher 400 E.S.

Comment

I owned a 2002

Comment

Right now Im looking at the Honda 4-wheeler, kawasaki mule 610 4x4 and a polaris ranger. decisions like these can drive someone crazy! going to look at a ranger tomorrow.

Comment

Honda's are great, but I prefer the foot shift, I am not a fan of the ES...battery problems, and hard to drink any beverages..

Comment

I love the old hondas 99 and earlier models. Not a fan of the new ones. My dad has a 2001 rancher and it has been rebuilt twice, he is not hard on it. The old 300's were bullet proof.

Comment

Honda makes a great bike, i think the best fourwheeler ever made may be the honda rancher 400 E.S.

I absolutely aggree with JamesK. That's exactly what i have in my garage at home. Paid $700 for it. Changed the oil and plug and away I went.

Comment

I have a 99 Fourtrax 4x4 and I plow food plots with it. It will pull my Biologic disc forever without overheating. You cannot and I repeat cannot outwork or beat a Honda with any other brand! Best built machines out there!

Comment

Ended up getting a mule 4x4. So far I couldnt be happier. Thanks to everyone for the input.

Comment

Working...
                            X