Sullivan's Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sullivan's Outdoors

It's been a while since I bought a new bow and need some advice. I am dead set on the Bowtech Invasion Black Ops 29"/70#. (Insert all Mathews/PSE/Hoyt comments here.) I am in sales and jump at the chance to beat other sales people up on price whenever I can. That being said, price is not everything to me. I want to give my hard earned money to good, honest people. I was about to buy the bow in Houston 10 miles from my work. After calling around Sullivan's in Bryan had the best price. I have bought a couple of Hoyts from them in the past and they seemed to do everything I asked of them. I called to tell the shop near my work to see if they would move some on the price. They were $250.00 high on the same EXACT set-up. I did not like his response in the least. He began to run them in the ground over service and me in the ground for trying to negotiate pricing. All that to get to this: Has anyone had a bad experience with them? Are they "low-balling" on price just to get me 60 miles away from home and when I get there it will be different? Any feedback from Sullivan's customers would be greatly appreciated.

Correction: Sullivan's Outfitter's in Bryan, TX

Comment

Ive bought several bows from Eddie Sullivan and i have never had any problems with their service nor do i know of anyone that has who has purchased from him in the past. There's a reason he has been in business for so long. I have had several buddies who bring stuff into his shop a week or so before season and he has fixed them at no charge or does anything he can to help get them back to the field as soon as possible.

If the houston bow shop your previously spoke with about the bow was quick to snap at you and another dealer i would really think about doing business with them even if they met the price.

Comment

I've had good dealings with Eddie. Bought at least 6-8 bows from him, and he always backs them up.

Comment

For bowtech go see Jerry at redneck booda outdoors in kerens. Great guy to deal with.

Comment

I have delt with sullivans a few times. The guy i met in there was a very good guy. Never purchased a bow from him but was in madisonville one day and needed something changed. Went in there he took care of me and didnt ask for anything.

Comment

Eddie is a great guy, I didn't buy my bow there either but everytime I go in there for something he takes care of me, he doesn't know it yet but he's fixing to do some arrows for me! And you talk about price, better prices in small towns where people aren't trying to rape everyone

Comment

If it is something I can't do myself, I take it to Sullivans. If I want to buy a new bow, I go to Sullivans. Eddie and Rusty will do you right! Great people to deal with.

Comment

I live in College Station, and I take mine and buy mine from Double G in Georgetown. I dealt once with Sullivan's and I won't go back.

I will not tell details as some of the problem was personality conflicts. I will not tell details because I refuse to run another local business down. I will only say that I won't go back.

That being said, I believe that Paul at Double G is one of if not the best in the state.

Addition:

Also, don't allow one bad review to turn you off of a business. The only business that hasn't upset someone is the dishonest one. Honest businessmen will step on someone's toes every now and then over one thing or another. You bringing business to our town helps out all of us locally so I'm all for you trying Sullivan's.
                  Last edited by bucksnducks; 06-06-2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bucksnducks View Post
                    I live in College Station, and I take mine and buy mine from Double G in Georgetown. I dealt once with Sullivan's and I won't go back.

I will not tell details as some of the problem was personality conflicts. I will not tell details because I refuse to run another local business down. I will only say that I won't go back.

That being said, I believe that Paul at Double G is one of if not the best in the state.

Addition:

Also, don't allow one bad review to turn you off of a business. The only business that hasn't upset someone is the dishonest one. Honest businessmen will step on someone's toes every now and then over one thing or another. You bringing business to our town helps out all of us locally so I'm all for you trying Sullivan's.

well stated sir!

Comment

bucksnducks- You are a gentleman and a scholar. I will not mention the name of the Houston shop for that very reason. I'm a numbers guy and 5 out of 6 positive reviews is good enough in my book. After hunting with you in Sommerville, I would be glad to support you or your community in any way I can. I will be going to see Rusty very soon.

Comment

Ive been dealing with Eddie Sullivan and Sullivan Outfitters for a number of years. I have bought several bows from him over the years and service has always been top notch. I have never seen him negotiate on a price even dealing with cash. Prices on accessories might be higher than the box stores or large retailers but they have some of the best quality service you find in the industry. Personally I dont mind paying a little more to help my good friends out and keep the little man in business.

Comment

I do a lot of travelling in my business and I often just stop in bow shops and outdoor shops to check things out. I have also wandered into this Sullivans in Bryan. Great folks from my first impression in just talking to them. I have not had them work on anything nor have I purchased anything from them, but seemed to be extremely helpful and positive.

If they are cheaper and you are comfortable dealing with them, go for it. I cant stand other shops bad-mouthing another brand or shop to try to get a sale - self-justification for their higher prices.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback fellas! I can't wait to get a Freebird's burrito and the Invasion.

Comment

Hey Rage we sell Bowtech, at double G. But I will tell you I know Eddie and He has always been good to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X