Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocky View Post
    "Good enough, to each his own".
    I don't settle for 'good enough', and I've tuned enough bows that I can make this statement with complete confidence.
    Realizing that someone might have more experience than you do ain't for everybody either.
    At some point in time, you will realize that there are others that "practice,practice,practice", and tune enough bows that they understand torque and hand placement and how it affects the bow/riser/arrow combination.
    Read what you want from this post, and your internet advice, and even your own limited experience, but at some point you will encounter what I've seen.
    I'm 80 years old and have been shooting bows sense I was 2 years old. Why do so many people get all b-u-t-t hurt around here? Jeeeze! How do you know I haven't tuned a 1000 more bows than you? Screw it, who cares anyway. Shoot the dang bow out of spec for all I care. Later...
    Last edited by jathomas437; 06-04-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Rocky, you mentioned tourqe and hand placement, this in my opinion is one of the most overlooked problems shooters have, todays bows, compared to 30 yrs ago when i started, are critical for hand placement to achieve great arrow flight, any tourqe on todays bows with fixed blade heads will show up for sure as a non tuned bow, of course the bow may not be in tune as well, but hand placement I am sure is alot of folks problems! I swear when axle to axle was 45 inches and 190 fps was fast, arrows weighing 600 grains or more, and wheels(round), tuning was so dang easy, as well as shooting at hunting ranges, kinda miss those days myself!

Comment

Originally posted by jathomas437 View Post
        I'm 80 years old and have been shooting bows sense I was 2 years old. Why do so many people get all b-u-t-t hurt around here? Jeeeze!
        Insinuating that you are the only person that's a perfectionist offends those of us that are just as concerned about how a bow shoots as you are, and probably have many more years and bows,(good and bad), in our past.

Comment

Originally posted by hammackc View Post
          Rocky, you mentioned tourqe and hand placement, this in my opinion is one of the most overlooked problems shooters have, todays bows, compared to 30 yrs ago when i started, are critical for hand placement to achieve great arrow flight, any tourqe on todays bows with fixed blade heads will show up for sure as a non tuned bow, of course the bow may not be in tune as well, but hand placement I am sure is alot of folks problems! I swear when axle to axle was 45 inches and 190 fps was fast, arrows weighing 600 grains or more, and wheels(round), tuning was so dang easy, as well as shooting at hunting ranges, kinda miss those days myself!
          We want our hunting bows to shoot perfectly, with broadheads and field points having the same POI, but by design, these bows and the arrows required to do so, make it difficult.
          Hunters that shoot the same bow for years bond well with a bow, but when it is slow by current standards and they decide to upgrade to one of the newer ones, they will naturally go thru a learning/bonding stage.
          Not to mention working with an arrow flying 300 fps.
          Fixed heads naturally compound the issue, and minor hand placement changes impacts arrow flight, frustrating a lot of shooters.

Comment

I like Slick Trick 125 Mags but also like Wasp Boss SST 100 gr. Can't go wrong with either one IMO.

Comment

I would give slick tricks a try

Comment

G5 Montec is a great fixed blade IMO, flies straight and easy to sharpen

Comment

I got my Z7 shooting my field points and Snuffer SS 100gr broadheads equally at 20yds (hitting same on spots)...this was dont with a slight rest adjustment...it's very exciting to me at least...I'm gonna try 'em at 30 and 40 after work today, if all goes well...I will consider myself "tickled pink"
                  Good luck in you broadhead search....

Comment

There is as many broadheads as there are opinions on this subject.

I shoot Slick tricks. Try them...

Comment

Working...
                    X