PSE Omen Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSE Omen Pro

Ok, here's some news you may, or may not know. I haven't seen it posted in any archery forum.

In late April, I took delivery of my new 2011 PSE Omen Pro. 29" draw, 80lb limbs(set at 78). Bojax on the riser and limbs, VT Limbdriver and Extreme sight. Arrows were Carbon Force STL 300 hunters, 391gr-400gr. Chrono'd at 344fps.

After learning the draw cycle, and enjoying it, I found that this bow was not only super fast, but very very acurite. I built up to shooting around 100 arrows a day.

During the first 2 weeks, I noticed a distinct "pop" in the upper cam when I drew the bow. It progressed to a "pop" in the upper limb pocket. After inspecting the bow, I did not find anything that would be an indicator that there was a problem. During the beginning of week three, I noticed that there was a "pop" developing in the lower cam, and finally in the lower limb pocket. On inspection, I found that the paint(full skullz camo) was lightly cracking at the tip of each limb. Although not a good sign, it was not completely distressing to me.

The next day, I took the bow out for its normal workout. On arrow number 1052, I felt and heard something that was not at all "right." I looked and the yoke serving had unraveled itself. Sure that that was not at all a good sign, I checked the limbs. The cracks in the paint on the upper limbs had exposed themselves to actually be stress cracks in the limbs themselves. The lower limbs cracks had not expanded much, but had gotten a very little bit bigger.

I took the bow back to the pro shop. In true PSE fashion, the bow was sent back, and information was relayed that the limbs for the 80lb bows had been re-engineered. PSE said that they would correct the problem immediately and send the bow back quickly. I assume quickly means that it will take a bit longer to have the limbs dipped in Skullz camo at the Pro Shop, all at NO COST! PSE has one of the most awsome customer service programs in the industry!!!!!

After the newly re-engineered limbs and the bow arrive, I will spend 2 or 3 weeks giving the bow a run through and let everyone knows how the engineering holds up.

I just wanted those who have a 80lb Omen Pro to know that if they are shooting the original limbs, they may want to contact PSE and see if they need to have a correction made to the bow.

P.S. PSE did say that I would need to start shooting at least 420 gr arrows.

Have a Blessed Day-Peace

James Arthur (Art) Shannon

Be interesting to see how long you wait. Good luck

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a smoking set up

Comment

Sounds like some awesome customer service and an awesome rig. Hope the re-seign works out for you.

Comment

There was another hunter on here shooting the Omen and we needed to send his limbs back. When it was all said and done that just gave him a new bow. I have always been impressed with their customer service.

Korbin

Comment

Working...
          X