Cant figure bow out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant figure bow out.

Ok here is the story. I have a Hoyt Maxxis 31, 29 inch draw at 65 pounds. I'm shooting a Easton axis FMJ 340 cut to 27 1/2 inches. My problem is that my field points will hit dead on, but my broadheads hit to the left. Bow shop said everything is lined up ok. I read the Easton tuning guide and it said that if it is shooting like this that it could be overspined. I dont know where to go from here. I know that other tbher's have had the same problem, so what did they do to fix their problem? Any suggestions? Thanks because I'm at my whits end.

What brand broadheads?

Comment

How far are they hitting to the left at 20 yards? I'd move rest slightly in towards the riser until they hit close together.

Comment

Im shooting muzzy 100 grain 4 blade.

Comment

Ive heard the four blades steer different.

Comment

I had bad luck out of Muzzy's flying as true as my broadheads as well. I had to move my sights to tune in with them. Once that's done, they fly good and group great.

Comment

Should I try another broadhead? Maybe a three blade?

Comment

Originally posted by JimGates View Post
                I'm not going to tell you to do that....

But I don't shoot Muzzy's anymore...

Comment

My Z7 set at 70lbs 29 inch draw shoots 4 blade Muzzy's dead on same as field points out to 75 yards, but I switched from 340's to 400's cut to 29 inches, I do believe you are over spined, not what you want to hear huh!

Comment

Tubby thats pretty good persuasion. Is it because the arrow is cut shorter it weakens the spine? How should you measure the length of arrow shafts?

Comment

Draw length -1"

Looks like you need .400

Comment

Im shooting muzzy 100 grain 4 blade.
                        Try the 100gr 3 blade. I had trouble with the 4 blade hitting off. or if you think you are over spined try a 125 grain broadhead.

Comment

Shorter the arrow the stiffer the spine.

Comment

I'm assuming you're shooting 100 gr. Anyone close to you that shoots a different 100 gr. broadhead that you could practice/experiment with?

Comment

Try adding weight a crank up should move the broadhead closer and confirm overspine.

Shorter arrow is stiffer spine. Once you confirm then you decide to either shoot a longer arrow or move down to a lower spined arrow.

I will confirm with the right combo of arrow length, weight and draw weight you can get that four blade to group.

I shoot for blade slick tricks and field points to the same spot. With the arrow weight and spine I chose I had to move my draw weight to 64 to get a consistent group.

Comment

Working...
                              X