Trail Camera for home security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trail Camera for home security?

I never have messed with cameras for hunting but I have a couple of houses (flips/rentals) that I would like to keep an eye on while I'm not around. Most thiefs break into the back so I am looking for 2 or 3 cameras that I could hang in trees in backyards. They need to be as discreet as possible, cost under $150 each, take night time pictures that would be good enough for a prosecutor to use, and go maintenance free for at least a few months. Any models that fit that description?

Do any of them rotate the files so that new pictures can be taken perpetually?

Thanks!

look at the primos cameras. you can pick up a 60 for under that amount with IR. Hide them well, cause if I were going to steal something, I'd climb a tree to steal your camera too. Maintenance free? I guess if they don't take too many pictures, a camera will last two months on a set of batteries. If they don't, suppliment with an external battery pack.

Comment

I would protect that investment with security not with a game camera.

I know someone that could set up camera's that you could monitor from your house. Only problem with that is invasion of privacy for the people who live there.

Comment

Get the ones with infra red flash not the white flash or they will steal it.

I used one in a friends house when she thought the landlord was coming in her place when she was gone. I just set it up between the books in the bed head board and set it for video instead of photo, got a beautiful 15 second video of the landlord snooping around.
        The look on her face was priceless when we invited her over to watch.

She moved out the next week, funny thing got her security deposit back the same day as she moved out.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
          I would protect that investment with security not with a game camera.

I know someone that could set up camera's that you could monitor from your house. Only problem with that is invasion of privacy for the people who live there.
          i would check closer into that before getting the camers

Comment

Working...
          X