Arrow help needed for elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow help needed for elk

Iam currently shooting beman ICS 340 from my z7 extreme set at 68#. Iam shooting 100 gr head and they shoot good. I just got 11 beman MFX 400 and shot them today and can tell in targets how much bette the penetration is with these arrows. What arrows would yall recomend for my elk hunt.

Originally posted by macdad View Post
    Iam currently shooting beman ICS 340 from my z7 extreme set at 68#. Iam shooting 100 gr head and they shoot good. I just got 11 beman MFX 400 and shot them today and can tell in targets how much bette the penetration is with these arrows. What arrows would yall recomend for my elk hunt.
    you'll get a lot of different opinions, but i was just about to say that in my opinion heavier would be better, and you see that just going up 60 grains gave you better penetration! imagine that with 500 gr arrows and your broadhead. should be no match for elk.

Comment

I would shoot the most accurate arrow that gives good penetration.

Comment

Easton fmj they fly great thru my z7 and nothing but pass thrus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if i was going elk hunting i would shoot a good cut on contact broadhead for better penetration

Comment

The most important thing is shot placement so shoot a properly spined arrow with a sharp broadhead and shot from a properly tuned bow. My arrows are Gold Tip 55/75 with a 125 gr. Slick Trick Mag and weigh 420 grains. This combination has worked well for me. Your 400's will work fine as long as you do your part.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Trap View Post
              I would shoot the most accurate arrow that gives good penetration.
              ^^ this. I have shot many elk with my Easton Axis 340 loaded with 85 or 100 grain broadhead. It's all about what your shooting well with and picking that spot to put the arrow.

Comment

FMJs hands down!! When I killed my elk I used carbon express hunters. The same arrows I deer hunted with. I only shoot FMJ's now

Comment

Agree with the FMJ's!

Comment

Working...
                  X