Stab length and weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stab length and weight

What do u use and why? Whats ur typical shot distance?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

I shoot the 2" axion and regularly shoot to 60 yds and occasionaly 100yds

Comment

This is my first year to bow hunt and my bow doesn't have a stabilizer on it. I am very confident at 20 yards and building confidence at 30 and 40 yards. I don't envision ever shooting beyond that, but I also don't really understand the purpose or benefit of the stabilizer.
      Don't mean to hijack, but what is the purpose/benefit?

Comment

Noise dampening and hand shock

Comment

10 in fuse carbon blade freestyle!

Comment

7 1/2" Doinker

Comment

Just put a 10" Stoker on my Vanquish and love it ( it weighs a little over 9 ounces) I had always used short, lighter stabs on my hunting bow but now there aint no way I'm going back. I love it. Shoot what works best for you. In the tree it aint no body but you.

Comment

the added stability is a huge gain for me. When i used a Limbsaver my holding circles were about 1' at 25 yards, with my xtreme stabilization 10'' those circles are around 4''.

Comment

Originally posted by awatsonjr View Post
                  Noise dampening and hand shock
                  that is a big negative. these are not supposed to be the benefit of a stabilizer period that's marketing at it's best.

bows are typically quiet and shock free from their design, you're not going to get noticeable improvement by adding a stabilizer. perhaps using some type of measuring device but not noticeable.

a stabilizer does just that stabilizes the answer to your question is as long as you can handle with as much weight up front as you can handle. The stabilizer helps balance the bow through shot by changing the geometry. imagine a diamond with tension at the grip and the release point . . . the stabilizer adds weight far forward to help you stay on target.

I love a bstinger but it's too long for hunting situations. I am using 8" postens now and they are a great balance of length and weight. The stokers look like great stabilizers too.

Comment

I have a 10 in 11oz fuze carbon blade freestyle. It , doinker dish , stroker, and axion I think are the best out!!!!

Comment

Oops and b-stinger!!

Comment

using a 7"-11" stab really helps my stability a lot.... I typically shoot 20-70 yards.

Comment

for me its just a counter weight, doesn't really stabilize

Comment

Forgot we have stabilizer reps in the crowd

Comment

not sure...

whatever you guys tell me this one is...

Comment

Working...
                              X