Tru Fire Foldback Release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tru Fire Foldback Release?

I am in the market for a new release. The Foldback looks very comfortable and I like the idea that I could climb my stand and not have the release banging against it. Does anyone own this release? I just wanted to get a few opinions. Are there any other suggestions for good dual caliper releases? Thanks for any advice.

I've got a trufire but not the fold back. LOVE the trigger feel, and it's adjustable. The release itself is very comfortable. I opted not to get the foldback because I didn't see the value in it when I was shopping for my first release. Got the chance to try one out, and it will be my next release. The foldback feature is awesome. Currently, I spin my release around so the trigger is on top of my hand and try to tuck it in some (web model)

Comment

I have it and love it. Bought it for the same reasons. I went with the belt strap type loop. Very dependable and quiet when released IMO.

Comment

I've got one and love it. The only thing I have to be careful of is pulling arrows out of the target. When it's folded back and I'm pulling arrows out of a 3D target the trigger will rake down the arrow. If you're not careful and depending on how your pulling, you can nick the shafts pretty good. Other than that it's awesome.

Comment

I have it and love it as well. I use the foldback feature a heck of a lot more than I ever thought I would. I wont buy another wrist strap release without the foldback feature.

Comment

I dont put on my Carter release until after I have climbed in my stand. You can also get a MUCH better release with a rope or strap attachment and accomplish the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
              I have it and love it as well. I use the foldback feature a heck of a lot more than I ever thought I would. I wont buy another wrist strap release without the foldback feature.
              X2

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                I dont put on my Carter release until after I have climbed in my stand. You can also get a MUCH better release with a rope or strap attachment and accomplish the same thing.
                What makes this type of release better?

Comment

The quality level. I am not a fan of the Tru Fire products. seen to many of them fall apart, break or otherwise malfunction.

Comment

Everyone, Thanks for for the feedback. I will check out the tru fire and carter releases. Good information.

Comment

I really like my Tru-Fire releases and have had no problems with them. Great customer service company also.

Comment

Like my foldback 360 and the customer service is good. I lost the set screw to the adjustment and couldn't find one in the local speciality screw stores. Called Tru-fire and they sent 3 at no charge.

Comment

I like my 360 too,

Comment

what about the NEW trufire Hardcore with that pivoting head. How does it shoot->

Comment

Just got the new truefire Hardcore fold back yesterday and sure wish could have tried before purchasing. I have the Black Talon from several years ago and am happy with it just thought the fold back would come in handy but the Hardcore has 3 problems that really stand out. The trigger is rough cast with bad ridges that need to be smoothed out. The length adjustment is rough on the palm as no covering on the barrel. The strap is so thin it feels umcomfortable and has very little padding on it. It does shoot better than the Black Talon very smooth on the trigger but the fold back feature is about the same as rotating the Black Talon head back on the wrist. Hard to explain but hope you get the idea. Better to see and try before buying if you can.

Comment

Working...
                              X