Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Arrow Weight? Advice Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With an arrow going that fast, if you set one pin at 40 yards, you'll probably find at 30 you're about 3-4" high and at 20 about 5-6" high- all kill shots- I'm guessing from what I see at around 265 fps with my Elite and a 475 grain arrow.

If you aim in the pocket, you have 1 pin for hunting spot and stalk if you don't have time to range the animal.

Comment

Ecfire. , email sent!

Comment

Speed is overrated. A heavier arrow will quieten your bow while at the same time increase your momentum. Momentum is what you should be looking for and its eazy to figure. The formula is Mass X Velosity.

Comment

If I was to suggest any kind of change, it would be to a heavier arrow, not lighter.
          I really don't know why you'd change at all.

Comment

I shoot a heavy arrow also. But your set up for Texas hunting sounds good as is

Comment

I like the performance improvements made when I wnet from a very light Easton Flatline DOA to the Easton Axis FMJ. Much better for hunting and 5-spot. I'm not a good judge of distance so hurt my 3D. But I am in favor of heavier over lighter..except for 3D.

Comment

heavy arrows penetrate better, shoot quieter, and the slower arrow is more forgiving.

Comment

You have a near perfect setup for hunting. At 70lbs. you could go a little heavier.

Comment

You will pick up around 15 fps. Unless you just want to try something new, I wouldn't mess with it.

Same with going heavier.

Comment

I would only go heavier. I just went up 100 grains and considering another 100 to get me around 560ish

Comment

Working...
                      X