Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trespasser and Thieves Beware - SpyPoint's Watching! Sweeet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trespasser and Thieves Beware - SpyPoint's Watching! Sweeet!

Okay, so I'm currently working with a SpyPoint Pro-X Plus game/trail camera and writing a review for my outdoor column - so far this camera is ridiculously good. Then I get a press release earlier today about another camera of theirs coming in July! This thing is freaking awesome!

It's called a Tiny-W. It takes a photo and immediately sends a copy to another SD card in a pod called a "Black Box" that you can hide anywhere within 50 feet of the camera. So if someone takes your camera, takes your SD card or destroys your camera, you still have an 8-megapixel pic of their ugly mug! Hoping to get to write a review on that one. Can't wait til it comes out!

Here's the press release I received.

Here's why it's called TINY! Geeeez!

Last edited by Great White Hunter; 05-14-2011, 01:22 PM.

looks good

Comment

No thieves in the country. They know better.

Comment

sweet !!!

Comment

Wonder what they will run?

Comment

The text in my email that came with the press release says MSRP will be $299. There is a version they are going to sell for $199 without the "black box" receiver. I haven't checked yet but I think they are going to offer a black IR booster, too; I'll have to check. Black IR is supposed to be invisible, no red "pulse". Although I don't know if you'd be able to turn off the red pulse and just go with a black IR booster. If I get to review it I'll be able to tell you more about it. What I like about this one is that I could get good trail cam pics, and catch anyone doing something stupid and do those things for the price of a regular ol' trail cam. I also don't know what the battery life will be like. I speculate, like most, the AA batteries will last a few months but I'll probably go with a 12v and solar panel if I get to work with one. I'll go back next weekend, pull the card from the Pro-X Plus I'm working on, then write my review of that one. I'll let you guys know what I think and post some pics up from it.

Comment

I will be keeping up with this...wonder what the IR quality is like? 12 MP and 6 AA batteries is an awesome feature though. To me in my situation the blackbox would be not necessary. Curious as to what they will run without the blackbox. Post pics if you have some
              Last edited by mhbaseball; 05-14-2011, 10:35 PM.

Comment

MHB:

My press release said MSRP of $299 without the black box. The photos on the Tiny-W are 8 megapixel but the PRO-X PlUS that I'm writing my review on IS 12 megapixel. I'd give up 4 megapixel for the ability to have a hidden pod in case someone decides to do shady things in my hunting area.

The Pro-X Plus will take good IR photos, from my understanding, out to 60 feet so I'm sure the Tiny-W will go a good 50 feet for sure at night.

Just wanted to clarify that they both run on AA batteries or you could do 12v with solar panel and that the Pro-X Plus is 12mp while the Tiny-W is going to be 8mp.

It will be able to take rapid fire photos, called "MultiShot" like 6 photos at a time.

The trigger time is 0 seconds because it was a motion sensor on either side, plus five sensor zones from the middle so before anything gets in the photo the camera is already ready and the other zones keep it taking photos. That is there claim and I'll be checking when I review one...if they send me one; keeping my fingers crossed! I'm ate up with these cameras. Can't wait to go get my photos next weekend. I'll be posting some up.

As a sidenote, my Moultrie I-40's worked well too but I was so tired of changing out the LCD displays constantly.

Comment

Very cool...

Comment

so the tiny W is $300 or the Pro X plus?

Comment

Let me fix myself, the Tiny-W will be $299 WITH the receiver or $199 WITHOUT the receiver. If I do get it to review I'll be asking to work WITH the receiver, seems like $100 for the receiver is good insurance. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, the PRO-X Plus retails for $399 but I've seen it online for anywhere from $230 - $399 so you can find some good deals.

I placed the Pro-X Plus at my honey hole on Sunday. I'll be out there next Sunday to get my card. I should have some good photos to post up - of course I'll downsize them, 12mp is pretty big!

Comment

Praise God i like it!

Comment

Great concept! I'll be watching this one. Dose the Black Box require a "clear line of sight"?

Comment

Good surveilance for around home, help catch the sorry thieves that break into our homes !!!!!!!!

Comment

any sample pics?

Comment

Working...
                              X