Broadhead adapter rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead adapter rings

I finally got my FMJ's, fletched them, set the inserts, and thought I was ready to go. My field points that I had on my previous non ST arrows were too large, so I googled the right size fp (17/64) and also saw things about the broadhead adapter rings. Easton says you should use them for fixed broadheads that utilize the face of the insert to support or hold the blades in place. My slick tricks have washers that hold the blades in place, but the washer is held against the ferrule by the face of the insert...does this mean I need the BARs?

Who shoots slick tricks with or without the BARs and what has your experience been?

You are correct, not needed! Shooting slicks with the washer takes the place of the bar. I have been using axis arrows with slicks for 8-9 yrs a never needed them.
    Pat

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Me. I called Easton . They say if the broadhead you are using provides you with a bushing or o-ring u don't need it. I use slick tricks but don't have fmj s right now . Acc s and epics. I like slick tricks and shuttle t locks 100 grain. And magnum on the st for deer and hogs. But if you hunt from in a tree , tripod. Or up in the air . I would use the standard slick trick 100 . The magnums are good for being in ground blind there wide .

Comment

Also some mechanical blades utilize the insert to stop the backwards movement of the blades, so check the deployment if you ever try mechanicals on fmjs, not that I ever do

Comment

Originally posted by 3children View Post
            You are correct, not needed! Shooting slicks with the washer takes the place of the bar. I have been using axis arrows with slicks for 8-9 yrs a never needed them.
            Pat
            First year trying Trix and FMJs and all I use is the washer that the Trix come with.

Comment

Working...
            X