BH tuning with pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BH tuning with pic

Ok broadhead tuning gurus, got a question for y'all. First off, I'll tell y'all what equipment im using. I'm shooting a Z7, 28" draw, and maxed out at 70-72 lbs (havent put her on a scale yet). I am shooting easton axis nfused carbon 400 arrows at 27". Now, I would shoot one field point, then i would shoot the broadhead and I would consistenly get my broadhead shooting 2.5" to 3.5" low (a bit of wind today), as you can see in the picture. Easton tuning guide says to lower my knocking point, but I dont feel like takin it to the shop and have em fuss with it. Can I raise my rest a fuzz to get my BH and field points hitting in the exact same location or should i just not even worry about it and readjust my sight when i go hunting? Thanks guys! (these shots were at 20 yards, shotting a grizz trick, 100grain)
    Attached Files

yes, I would raise the rest just a lil. 1/32 at a time

Comment

Yep. Raise the rest just a smidge and shoot agian.

Comment

As others have said, yes you can raise your rest. If you are shooting a drop away you might need to reset your timing after you have everything dialed in. Another thing I've found to be helpful is to shoot groups when doing this type of tuning. Sometimes I don't shoot perfectly doing the whole one fp one bh thing and shooting two and two or three and three is a more reliable way to see the trends in your arrow flight. It appears that the bh also hit slightly to the right of the field tip (showing weak spine), if you get the same results when grouping you can back your limb bolts off (1/4 turn at a time) to strengthen the spine of the arrow and get your arrow hitting on the same vertical plane. My tuning process consists of bareshaft tuning to establish nock height and verify arrow spine, following by walk back tuning to set centershot, and the a broadhead test to insure everything is kosher. If I can get the first two steps dead on my broadheads usually group with fieldtips with no further adjustments needed. Good luck and post some pics when you get er all figured out.

Comment

You guys rock! got em shooting exact same spot....i messed up a 15$ arrow tho lol. thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ttechhunter View Post
            You guys rock! got em shooting exact same spot....i messed up a 15$ arrow tho lol. thanks guys.
            glad you got em grouping together! what did you do to the arrow

Comment

shot the bH and cut one fletchin off and shaved about 1/3 of the shaft. shot a BH after a field point. Had a blonde moment lol

Comment

pics

its a little windy out there, so my bow was swayin quite a bit. here are some tuned pics. bh arrow is the top one. also, my first shot kicked my target out a lil, thats why they dont line up.
                Attached Files

Comment

What adjustment did you go with to correct the problem?

Comment

I just raised my rest up. probably moved it 1/16".

Comment

You should bh tune at a longer distance, like 50yds or more. My own bow I do at 80yds but I do my customers at 50. You might ok, but once you get the tune at longer distance the short shots are perfect!
                      Pat

Comment

As long as the arrow is close to centered on berger button hole, you will be alright.

Comment

those z7's are hard to tune anyway

Comment

Congrats!! I have mine good at 45 so far will go farther back

Comment

Im going through the same thing on my z7 cept I've got 125gr bh on the same shaft as my 100gr fps....I wonder if I should get a stiffer arrow? I've always shot 100gr fps but am trying these Magnus bhs and the lightest they offer is the 125 three blade...

Comment

Working...
                              X