Peep sight for night time hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peep sight for night time hunting

what are you guys using for hog hunting at night? I just can't find my peep in dark nights. I've considered this:

a bigger peep but what's the pros and cons of a bigger peep?

Any glowing peeps out there?

I heard that stuff works pretty good.

Comment

how much does that stuff cost?

Comment

Might even try some white out on the peep.

Comment

Originally posted by bearstrike2010 View Post
          how much does that stuff cost?

Comment

I wonder if you have to order it or if you can find it somewhere?

Comment

It costs 9 bucks. there's also one called Glow-on. Pretty much the same stuff

I don't need a bottle of this stuff, just enough to put on a peep.

I just took one of those glow star stickers off the ceiling of one of the kids rooms and cut out a top and bottom piece for my peep. I was able to find it and look through it in a completely dark room. It probably won't stay on but at least I found something that works.

EDIT: just bought some on that ebay link. Lets see how it goes. I will report back. 10 bucks worth a try, I can also use it on my camera and on one of my pistols. I'd still like to know what you guys are using.
              Last edited by Delirious; 03-07-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I would go with a bigger peep, Even with it glowing you may not be able to see thru it. I will check and see what the size I have and get back to you. When I went to the bigger peep the problem was solved. Still can group tight I use the outside of my sight to line up in the peep instead of the inside if that makes since.

Comment

My setup for night hunting is a 1/4" peep with glow paint on the top and bottom, lighted sight pin and Mini-Sniper light (red). Works well for me. You can charge the Glow paint with a black light and it will glow a good while - better than regular light and much quicker.

Comment

Got no sight... and got no peep... just look and shoot

Comment

My peep is 1/4 as well and works. I really don't want to mess with putting in anothe peep and will try the glow-on. I was able to look through it with the glow stickers on it, so I bet this solves my problem. I will also use it to put some dots on my fletchings and dropdown rest to locate everything in the dark.

Comment

Do alot of practicing at night. I use my 1/4". I tried the glow paint, but ended up with a hat light(green) and lit my sit pins and peep up.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoHunter View Post
                          My setup for night hunting is a 1/4" peep with glow paint on the top and bottom, lighted sight pin and Mini-Sniper light (red). Works well for me. You can charge the Glow paint with a black light and it will glow a good while - better than regular light and much quicker.
                          Have you tried flashing that paint with a camera flash?

I know that works on watch hands and other things with luminiscent paint and it works real good on glow in the dark airsoft BBs

Comment

Working...
                          X