easton flatline issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easton flatline issue

ok i ordered 12 easton flatlines last year cut to 28in inserts installed2 in blazers and micro lite knocks... total weight 386grain with a 100grain tip my bow was hitting them at 290fps..

so a few days ago i ordered 12 more same cut same everything, they weigh in at 366grains what the ???? havnt shot them or chrono them yet im in the process of moving so gotta wait till i can get to the range. but what is up with the weight drop ??? i just gont get it

if they are different year model arrows that may be the problem

Comment

Epics and axis have both changed, check out the gpi on the arrow, also may have had different vanes

Comment

i may be asking a stupid question but are the shafts in the first batch 340's and the shafts in the second batch 400's ?

Comment

nope both 340 spine and 8.2 gpi both 28in and 100grain feild tip

Comment

manufacturing tolerances, no big deal.. you'll pick up about 6fps and probably won't notice a POI diference inside of 40 yards..

Comment

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
              manufacturing tolerances, no big deal.. you'll pick up about 6fps and probably won't notice a POI diference inside of 40 yards..

really ? manufacturing tolerances ?

Comment

Originally posted by firexd View Post
                really ? manufacturing tolerances ?
                Sure.. stack them and it isn't unusual to see 20 grains from one set to another especially in carbon shafts.. but you're talking finished arrows so you have tolerances in vanes, inserts, points, nocks and glue... even carbon dust inside the shaft itself.. I've seen that vary a dozen shafts by a couple of grains... I clean mine before I assemble by running a cleaning rod and patch through them...

Comment

id say contact easton. they state +/- 2 gr.

20gr. is a LOT more than they label them at in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
                    id say contact easton. they state +/- 2 gr.

20gr. is a LOT more than they label them at in my opinion
                    That's between a dozen in a package..

Comment

Working...
                    X