100 gr vs. 125 gr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 gr vs. 125 gr

I've used 100 gr 3 blade rages for a few seasons now but am thinking about moving to 125 gr 2 blades. I shoot a mathews xt with a 32" draw. What cons if any can I expect with moving up 25 grs other maybe having to adjust my site?

It will mess with your arrow spine.

Comment

Originally posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
      It will mess with your arrow spine.
      x2

Comment

This thread title sounds familiar.....

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=192843

Scroll down the tuning and equipment page about twenty posts if the link doesn't work. Lot's of good info there, it's more of a factor if you're on the borderline of being over/under spined. Other than that you might lose a few fps but you'll gain some on the FOC and penetration. It's a give and take when it comes to setting up your arrows, it's a good idea to have a goal in mind before you start the process. For example, I want to shoot 9 grains per pound of draw weight, I draw 60 lbs so my arrow should weigh around 540 grains, my arrows at 340 spine weigh 8.4 grains per inch cut to 30" weigh 252 grains, once I add the fletching/nock and brass insert the arrow weighs 400 grains, so now I can shoot anywhere from 100-200 grain tips to give me that perfect arrow flight I'm looking for. It's not as complicated as it might seem, but it's important to have a goal before you start so don't throw money away on gear that won't work with your setup.

Comment

Originally posted by agtex42 View Post
          This thread title sounds familiar.....

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=192843

Scroll down the tuning and equipment page about twenty posts if the link doesn't work. Lot's of good info there, it's more of a factor if you're on the borderline of being over/under spined. Other than that you might lose a few fps but you'll gain some on the FOC and penetration. It's a give and take when it comes to setting up your arrows, it's a good idea to have a goal in mind before you start the process. For example, I want to shoot 9 grains per pound of draw weight, I draw 60 lbs so my arrow should weigh around 540 grains, my arrows at 340 spine weigh 8.4 grains per inch cut to 30" weigh 252 grains, once I add the fletching/nock and brass insert the arrow weighs 400 grains, so now I can shoot anywhere from 100-200 grain tips to give me that perfect arrow flight I'm looking for. It's not as complicated as it might seem, but it's important to have a goal before you start so don't throw money away on gear that won't work with your setup.
          thank you, sounds like I need to do some more research before I move over

Comment

if your bow is tuned I see no reason to do this.

you'd want to add weight to strengthn or weaken the spine of your bow.

Comment

Working...
            X