Broadhead tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead tuning

I am shooting 100 grain st's and they are consistently shooting 1.5"-2" lower than my fp's. What can I do to get them shooting the same? If I used 85 grain bh's or 125 gr. fp's would the group the same? Thanks, Sam.

Keep your 100 grains if that's what your field tips are. Move your rest just a tiny tiny big up. Shoot again. Keep moving it a tiny bit at a time until they group the same, then readjust your sight.

Comment

if all fixed blade broadheads are shooting a little lower than your fieldpoints then what you have is a slightly out of tune bow. You could try moving your rest up 1/32" or so and then shoot. Continue the rest adjustment ever so slowly until both your fieldpoints and broadheads hit together. Then readjust your sight and go kill stuff

Comment

what he said

Comment

You can also move your nocking points lower or a combination of both. I try to keep my arrow perpendicular to the riser by adjusting both

I've also had luck increasing the bow poundage some. If it's around 30-40 yards (just don't want it to shift the spine of the arrow too much. only a few pounds)
          Last edited by Delirious; 03-02-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Nock point down, or rest up......or combo.

COULD be form related at 30+ yrds, make sure your not droping your arm.

Comment

I have already moved my rest fully up and it hasn't really changed anything. Idk why? I am using a hostage rest.

Comment

I'd start all over. Install your rest with the mounting bracket level. Center the rest. Put an arrow through and move your nocking point up or down to adjust the arrow. It should be just very slightly off level...pointing down just a tiny tiny bit if it's a solo cam, pointing up just a tiny tiny bit if it's a dual cam. Once you're there, line it all up horizontally. Do a walkback tuning with field points (20, 30, 40 yards. If the groups consistantly go further left, move the rest right, etc.) Then broadhead tune it. Should get you on track.

Comment

My wisker biscuit will do the same thing as it wears out a bit.

The bottom allways falls out of it first. Making impact points of the fp's vs the bh's a little different like you stated.

Im not sure about the octane rest you are using I think it has the same technology just different wisker contact points.

Comment

One of my customers had that rest on his bow, I couldn't get the bow to shoot with bhs. We changed the rest to Apache and 3 shots later was all good, out to 50yds.
                    Pat

Comment

The whiskers on the octane wear out just like the biscuit.
                      Roy

Comment

try nock point down,

adding weight is not going to fix the problem, weight corrects spine issues. If the tip is lower then the nock at launch faster is going to exaggerate it.

Comment

rotate the brushes sam

Comment

Originally posted by Bowmansam View Post
                            I am shooting 100 grain st's and they are consistently shooting 1.5"-2" lower than my fp's. What can I do to get them shooting the same? If I used 85 grain bh's or 125 gr. fp's would the group the same? Thanks, Sam.
                            What bow do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawg Slayer 4 View Post
                              rotate the brushes sam
                              good one

Comment

Working...
                              X