Boocoo Tune; Get-U-Some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boocoo Tune; Get-U-Some

..............at RBO (Rednekboodaoutdoors.com)

Little story about the Bocoo Tune from me.

Bow seem slow? Making some noise? Want to get the most from it? Go see Jerry at Rednek Booda Outdoors in Kerans, TX.! His nickname isn’t “Bowman” for nothing. Jerry knows bows, and knows how to squeak and tweak every thing you can get from it. I know this seems a little commercial, but I can’t help it. I took my Judge over there to get a new string on it, since the old factory string was starting to fray (I’m hard on bows packing 1-2 miles into public land all the time), and tuned up, since I haven’t built a press yet . And I walked out today with it shooting almost 10 FPS faster than when I bought it. I shoot with a kisser, and when I drew it back and anchored, the kisser, and my peep, were right where it should be. No adjustment needed. I let one go and it was more quiet than ever. And that new custom AP 4 color string is just to cool and pretty to shoot, almost . Through the crono it was touching 282+ with a 407 gr arrow, arrow I use to hog hunt with. Not bad with a bow that has 60 lbs limbs .

While I was there today, I also shot the Strothers SX-1, and the Bowtech Invasion. If you haven’t shot these bows, you definably need to. The SX-1 was so steady in the hand, and at the shot, a stabilizer is almost not needed. I’m not sure where it was at, but the let-off was great! Very quiet on the shot too. After the shot the bow was almost still vertical in the hand . It’s only going to take a short stab for this one. The Predator finish was top notch if I may say. The reviews are right to a “T” on this one. Read/watch them, and shoot it, if you haven’t. These SA bows just keep getting better all the time .
    And the Invasion may just be in the running if I decided to buy a bow, just for hunting Whitetails. The Mossy Oak Tree-stand finish was right where I prefer it, on the light side when tree stand hunting. The draw cycle was so smooth and even till the valley, and then just ski sloped down hill till to almost nothing till it hit a good solid wall. The shot was exceptionally quiet too. I had to cut back on poundage 2 years ago due to a shoulder injury a couple of years ago. I could not believe I was drawing 61 lbs with this bow! Can you say “Bump it up please” . A "For sure" contender here.

If you get a chance, slip over there and just talk with him a while. I always learn something new when hanging out with Jerry. Thanks again Jerry. I know this spring’s hogs are going to wish they never had been born a pig!

Great review

Comment

Aww thanks mike..... enjoy your bow. God Bless

Comment

Jerry is GOOD people and will do whatever it takes to make sure you are happy and shooting straight. God bless RBO.

Comment

Yesir! Jerry at RBO will treat you right

Comment

Hey T G you really liked that Invation did'nt ya. It is pretty sweet.

Comment

great review and thanks for the info.. ill probably stop in and meet the "bowman" in person now that i know where he is.

Comment

Just sent my GT to him for tune and strings. Heard lots of good things about him. Look forward to getting it back.

Comment

Glad Jerry took care of you TG. Knew he would though.

That SX-1 is such a pleasure to shoot. I hope to see mine within the next 2 weeks.

Comment

great guy to deal with..it's where i bought my assassian

Comment

Originally posted by doudle d View Post
                      Hey T G you really liked that Invation did'nt ya. It is pretty sweet.
                      Yes sir double d. It's a sweet drawing and shoot-n bow. I enjoyed the draw cycle more than anything on that one. Good to hear from you. We need to get-2-gether some time .

Joe, let me know when ya get it in .

T-Rex, I assure you, you won't be disappointed .
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

TTT, and TG doesn't walk a mile or so in (joking). Thanks Jerry for the set of Mods.

Comment

Mike, pm me his info.. I 'd like him to take a look at monster. I'm due for a good tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                            Mike, pm me his info.. I 'd like him to take a look at monster. I'm due for a good tuning.
                            Will do brother !

Comment

Working...
                            X