arrow spine? thinking out loud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arrow spine? thinking out loud

now days with bows producing much higher energy and speed out of 70lbs, do you think arrows may be on the under spine side of the scale? if your getting a new 70lb bow rated at 350-360, would it be better to get an arrow rated for an 80lb bow?

using an arrow chart for bows created over a decade ago may not meet up to todays bows standards

just a thought.....

You are thinking correctly.

Comment

Better over than under spined. I'd trust the charts myself.

Comment

Yes I had to shoot 300 and the chart said 340's

Comment

I posted on another thread not too long ago about using the charts and was told otherwise.

Personally I trust the charts.

Others have it in their heads to do their own things. (not saying their wrong) they are just their own.

The charts tend to way on the stiffer side for liablity reasons. I trust em and go from there.

Comment

when it comes to arrow spine, if your looking at the chart and it says you can shoot either spine, always go with the stiffer spine....better to have it to stiff and then not enough

Comment

x2

Comment

In my case my arrows were underpinned. I shoot a long arrow that was on the border line of the charts. I went from a 350 to a 340 and went a little shorter and my groupings greatly improved.

Comment

I shoot over spined to be on the safe side. I have seen no difference in my groups so far

Comment

i absolutely think the charts are too light.

Comment

The issue with Manufactures' Arrow selection Charts is that they are based on 10-year old technology when a Hard Cam was 292- 310 fps IBO rating.

Carbon Express has updated their charts with a DW Adjustment Worksheet... which basically adds 1 # DW for every 2 fps of IBO rating over 310 fps. Example: If your bow is 70 lb DW bow is IBO rated at 340 fps, add 15# DW and enter the CX Charts with 85#.

Easton and Beman, among others, have not updated their charts in the last 10+ years. To use these charts, I'd recommend adding 1 lb DW for every 2 fps over 310 fps IBO rating of your bow.

Comment

The chart said I should shoot 340's I went with 300's and works great.

Comment

Working...
                        X