Hoyt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoyt?

Will receive my new CRX32 this week. Never had a splitlimb bow. Always shot Mathews. This will be my 1st dual cam bow. Anything I should be aware of as far a tuning issues? I know they come w/ limb dampeners, but do you put anything else on it like string leeches, etc.

The only thing to be aware of is, you will never pick the Mathews up again.

Comment

Make sure it's tuned correctly. With a dual cam bow the cams have to be in time with each other. If one cam "breaks over" before the other, you'll have very inconsistent shooting.

String leeches/silencers help out with the sound dampening.

Comment

Ha Ha Caribou bill, I love my Mathews bows. I'm am sure I will like the Hoyt too, after all I spent a few bills for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
          Make sure it's tuned correctly. With a dual cam bow the cams have to be in time with each other. If one cam "breaks over" before the other, you'll have very inconsistent shooting.
          This is the biggest deal. Its a hoyt they shoot themselves.

Comment

I just bought a maxxis 31 and i love it. they really arent a dual cam bow, they are a cam and a half system. its made so that tuning isnt that big of an issue. and i have one string leech under my string stop and it works just fine.

Comment

I have a maxxis 31 and it tuned up right nicely! Peep, loop and whiskers and it's nice and quiet. Made the whisker out of the rubber than came out of a cheap bungee cord. Best stuff I've used but you don't get your choice of colors.

Comment

You need a pair of these...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hoyt-Ear-Plugs.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	23974286

I kid I kid....

Comment

Thats awsome, Let me know how you like it... I shot one and loved it. If all goes well, I am supposed to go and get one on the 19th of this month..... I HOPE!

Comment

I thought it shot really smooth

Comment

very good bow!

Comment

Congratulations on pending new ride

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
                          Will receive my new CRX32 this week. Never had a splitlimb bow. Always shot Mathews. This will be my 1st dual cam bow. Anything I should be aware of as far a tuning issues? I know they come w/ limb dampeners, but do you put anything else on it like string leeches, etc.
                          I just bought the CRX35 2 weeks ago to replace my Hoyt Katera. Love the CRX. In the two times I have shot it. I'm shooting tighter groups new out of the box than my Katera did. It has one string leach in it already. Do yourself a favor and get the QAD Ultra Pro HD rest. You will love the CRX.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            You need a pair of these...

[ATTACH]218210[/ATTACH]

I kid I kid....
                            Even though I shoot a Hoyt, I still got a chuckle out of that. Now that ain't right...but it is very funny!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxisman View Post
                              I just bought a maxxis 31 and i love it. they really arent a dual cam bow, they are a cam and a half system. its made so that tuning isnt that big of an issue. and i have one string leech under my string stop and it works just fine.
                              Originally posted by Nitro1970 View Post
                              I have a maxxis 31 and it tuned up right nicely! Peep, loop and whiskers and it's nice and quiet. Made the whisker out of the rubber than came out of a cheap bungee cord. Best stuff I've used but you don't get your choice of colors.
                              the cam.5 hoyt uses isn't hard to tune at all. In fact in terms of tuning it's taken 30-45 minutes to fully tune my hoyts and bowtechs in the past.

the single cam on my SB and current z7 took a couple of hours. I think the mathews are harder to tune then the binary or .5 cam designs.

Comment

Working...
                              X